Send iPhone to iTunes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JewelDiamond

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Okay so my hard drive went out last night. :( I lost so many things... Anyway, this may seem like a dumb question but I wana ask before I sync. I have redownloaded iTunes. Now I want to sync my iPhone stuff to the iTunes since nothing is on iTunes anymore. When I sync with iTunes, will it delete everything on my phone or will it add the stuff on my phone to iTunes? I don't want to loose my stuff on my phone. Please let me know..
Thanks in advance.

JewelDiamond

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Well, I tried to open iTunes with the iPhone and iTunes will not show or sync with the iPhone. What is up with that? The iTunes version I have is like 7.0.2.16

JewelDiamond

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
I would ask on the Apple support forums. Those guys will know if there is any hope for your lost music files.

Well, as of right now I can't even get iTunes to notice my phone. I try and sync like normal but my computer keeps reading my phone as a camera only. How do I get past this? I do in fact have all my songs backed up on a portal hard drive so if I have to readd them I will. But I have a few movies that will have to be reconverted tho.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Well, as of right now I can't even get iTunes to notice my phone. I try and sync like normal but my computer keeps reading my phone as a camera only. How do I get past this? I do in fact have all my songs backed up on a portal hard drive so if I have to readd them I will. But I have a few movies that will have to be reconverted tho.
You need to download and install iTunes 7.4.2.

JewelDiamond

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
You need to download and install iTunes 7.4.2.
Okay I got 7.4.2... It's reading it now but it's all crazy b/c my computer keeps reading it as a printer or camera how can i disable this? Also, when i sync it to iTunes, will it sync everything on my phone to iTunes or just sync what's on iTunes, which is nothing?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Okay I got 7.4.2... It's reading it now but it's all crazy b/c my computer keeps reading it as a printer or camera how can i disable this? Also, when i sync it to iTunes, will it sync everything on my phone to iTunes or just sync what's on iTunes, which is nothing?
It always recognized it as a camera so you can download any pics you've taken with the phone.

I think it will wipe everything off your phone. That's why I suggested you ask your question in the Apple Support forums on Apple.com.

JewelDiamond

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
It always recognized it as a camera so you can download any pics you've taken with the phone.

I think it will wipe everything off your phone. That's why I suggested you ask your question in the Apple Support forums on Apple.com.
Yeah, it keeps connecting then disconnectiing me. It asks if i wnat to send whats on the phone to the iTunes playlist and when i click yes, it just freezing up.

JewelDiamond

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Yeah, it keeps connecting then disconnectiing me. It asks if i wnat to send whats on the phone to the iTunes playlist and when i click yes, it just freezing up.
Well I got it to work. It was connecting and disconnecting a lot so what i did was just unplug it and plug back in and lol it stopped disconnecting. I didn't loose anything but my songs, but I can easily readd them. This post can be deleted now!