Send longer video through MMS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nur2652, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Nur2652

Nur2652 Member
    Bronze

When I shoot a video with iPhone 4, I can only send mms or email clip up to 1 min long. Is there a way to send a compete video like 2 or 2.5 minutes long? Thanks.

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Not via MMS or email unless you compress the file to the max, and even then it's highly doubtful that you'll be able to send the file through email. A two and a half minute video taken with the iPhone 4 would be 100Mb's plus. You're best bet is to upload the video and send the link to whoever wants it.

3. Nur2652

Nur2652 Member
    Bronze

Not to sound stupid but when you say upload the video to send, that means what? And how is it done, thanks.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

5. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

Darn, I wish I would have known this a few weeks ago! I really could have used this tip! Haha :)

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

8. Nur2652

Nur2652 Member
    Bronze

Thanks, Europa once I get dropbox and can send larger videos and stuff. Will the person who's iPhone I send it too be able to watch the video or will they have to get dropbox. Thanks.

9. dickdaney

dickdaney New Member

It should stream to their iPhone from the dropbox website as if they clicked a YouTube link. I ran into one issue where the recording it took on am iPhone 4 wouldn't play from dropbox on a 3GS. I assume that the 3GS couldn't play 720p video, because the video played fine on other iPhone 4's.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You'll send them a link. They don't have to install Dropbox. Be sure to put it in your public folder.

11. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I also want to say thanks Mindi. Never heard of this and it has in the just the last two days if using it worked wonderfully.
    So thanks for the great tip.

12. greasemuntney

greasemuntney Member
    Bronze

Dropbox is a very good app, software. I have been using it for some time and is a great app, software.