Send longer video through MMS?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nur2652

Bronze
Aug 1, 2010
When I shoot a video with iPhone 4, I can only send mms or email clip up to 1 min long. Is there a way to send a compete video like 2 or 2.5 minutes long? Thanks.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
When I shoot a video with iPhone 4, I can only send mms or email clip up to 1 min long. Is there a way to send a compete video like 2 or 2.5 minutes long? Thanks.
Not via MMS or email unless you compress the file to the max, and even then it's highly doubtful that you'll be able to send the file through email. A two and a half minute video taken with the iPhone 4 would be 100Mb's plus. You're best bet is to upload the video and send the link to whoever wants it.

Nur2652

Bronze
Aug 1, 2010
Not to sound stupid but when you say upload the video to send, that means what? And how is it done, thanks.

Nur2652

Bronze
Aug 1, 2010
Thanks, Europa once I get dropbox and can send larger videos and stuff. Will the person who's iPhone I send it too be able to watch the video or will they have to get dropbox. Thanks.

dickdaney

Jan 2, 2010
It should stream to their iPhone from the dropbox website as if they clicked a YouTube link. I ran into one issue where the recording it took on am iPhone 4 wouldn't play from dropbox on a 3GS. I assume that the 3GS couldn't play 720p video, because the video played fine on other iPhone 4's.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thanks, Europa once I get dropbox and can send larger videos and stuff. Will the person who's iPhone I send it too be able to watch the video or will they have to get dropbox. Thanks.
You'll send them a link. They don't have to install Dropbox. Be sure to put it in your public folder.