Send pics from iPhone to another Phone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
No MMS, No Bluetooth. It's the iPhone way.

I'm learning that this is Apple's way (used to know this in theory but now I am learning it in practice). Things are closed unless Apple wants to open them. Reasons for not opening things could range from businesss reasons to software to hardware reasons.

The strangest thing about this is that the true Apple fans don't seem to question it much. There is a "Steve knows best" mentality and if Steve didn't give it to us yet then there must be a good reason.

This is not a criticism as I have absolute freedom to move away from the iPhone and I own it by choice. These are simply observations.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
The strangest thing about this is that the true Apple fans don't seem to question it much. There is a "Steve knows best" mentality and if Steve didn't give it to us yet then there must be a good reason.
I have been an Apple user since 1990 (and I am also an 98/XP user since about 1999). So far I have not been pleased with what is missing from the iPhone, including mms. The little gig he had yesterday actually is making me think there is not much on the way for the issues/features that people are requesting or pointing out. So far, for me, Steve is not going in the right direction. The phone right now is "fine", nothing more then that. I am part of the group that is praying (I assume this group exists) that Steve gets his head out of his orifice on the back side of his body and gets into current times.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I have been an Apple user since 1990 (and I am also an 98/XP user since about 1999). So far I have not been pleased with what is missing from the iPhone, including mms. The little gig he had yesterday actually is making me think there is not much on the way for the issues/features that people are requesting or pointing out. So far, for me, Steve is not going in the right direction. The phone right now is "fine", nothing more then that. I am part of the group that is praying (I assume this group exists) that Steve gets his head out of his orifice on the back side of his body and gets into current times.
But what could be done about it to bring more attention to the fact that so many people are quietly hoping and assuming some things will come?

Skipper

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
But what could be done about it to bring more attention to the fact that so many people are quietly hoping and assuming some things will come?
just quietly hack the crap out of your phone :laugh2:
We needed steve for the iPhone, but sooner or later hackers will finish the job(s). The list of things needed to be fixed and things fixed by hacks are looking more and more alike. Apple seems to be stubborn, and I don't feel like pretending they own me and/or my phone. :mad:

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Right now nothing more than what is being done. We have the feedback site which appears many of us send info to on a regular basis, plus any reviews that come out of the papers or the Mac publications. I just wish there was feedback from Apple at least telling us what we can expect over time. Not looking for a time line, but would be nice to know what features they intend to implement so we at least have something to look forward to.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
just quietly hack the crap out of your phone :laugh2:
We needed steve for the iPhone, but sooner or later hackers will finish the job(s). The list of things needed to be fixed and things fixed by hacks are looking more and more alike. Apple seems to be stubborn, and I don't feel like pretending they own me and/or my phone. :mad:
Grrr... Wrote a long response on the iPhone then Safari crashed and I lost it.

We shouldn't let Apple off the hook that easily. My question is what does Apple listen to, if anything?

lymn

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Grrr... Wrote a long response on the iPhone then Safari crashed and I lost it.

We shouldn't let Apple off the hook that easily. My question is what does Apple listen to, if anything?
You can send images to friends with MMS compatibles phones, but you need to know which carrier they are on.

AT&T:
9998887777@mms.att.net (numbers are your friends cell#)

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
You can send images to friends with MMS compatibles phones, but you need to know which carrier they are on.

AT&T:
9998887777@mms.att.net (numbers are your friends cell#)
Thar'a right, but my comments were about the larger issue of simple, common features that are missing, like copy/paste, saving photos from email, sending/receiving photos by Bluetooth, etc, etc. Some people seem sure these will come, but there are no real signs that Apple even thinks anything is missing.

lymn

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Thar'a right, but my comments were about the larger issue of simple, common features that are missing, like copy/paste, saving photos from email, sending/receiving photos by Bluetooth, etc, etc. Some people seem sure these will come, but there are no real signs that Apple even thinks anything is missing.
MMS actually kinda sucks in the US... It is all done via gateways and is really confusing... Some companies don't allow other companies to send mms to their customers. AT&T is the only carrier which has good MMS network, which is kinda funny that they don't use it on the iPhone...

Ya... the more I think about how stupid Apple is for doing this stuff -- the more I just don't want to think...

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
So far, for me, Steve is not going in the right direction.
...and that is one reason why Apple will always be one step behind the rest.

Apple hasn't shown me anything that they even care of what people think.

That is also why M$ made fun of Apple before the iPhone came out. M$ sells a lot of phones every year and Apple had sold none.

Eiko

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
There's a VERY simple fix for everyone who's here complaining...
Take the thing back and live happily ever after. Maybe do a little research before making a major purchase next time, hey, it'll save a LOT of space on the internet.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
There's a VERY simple fix for everyone who's here complaining...
Take the thing back and live happily ever after. Maybe do a little research before making a major purchase next time, hey, it'll save a LOT of space on the internet.
WOW that was helpful...you contributed a lot to this thread:laugh2:

Eiko

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
WOW that was helpful...you contributed a lot to this thread:laugh2:
So how is it helpful filling-up every forum on the web with the identical complaints about the phone? It ALL could have been avoided with some simple reading before "getting in line" to buy one. No?

1. "Apple Forgot" to add "so-and-so" feature. Does ANYONE really believe they "forgot" or "didn't know"? There's a reason and WAY too many wanna-be industrial designers / UI engineers out here trying to figure it out and pasting their half-****ed, second guessing ideas and even conspiracy theories. Be patient. Or... TAKE IT BACK.

2. My phone won't do "X". Read number one.

3. Everything else, Read #2 and #1, wash, rinse and repeat.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
So how is it helpful filling-up every forum on the web with the identical complaints about the phone? It ALL could have been avoided with some simple reading before "getting in line" to buy one. No?

1. "Apple Forgot" to add "so-and-so" feature. Does ANYONE really believe they "forgot" or "didn't know"? There's a reason and WAY too many wanna-be industrial designers / UI engineers out here trying to figure it out and pasting their half-****ed, second guessing ideas and even conspiracy theories. Be patient. Or... TAKE IT BACK.

2. My phone won't do "X". Read number one.

3. Everything else, Read #2 and #1, wash, rinse and repeat.

Now that's better:laugh2: I wasn't disagreeing with you i feel the same way now you backed what you were saying with some reasoning. I love the iPhone but it does get annoying asking people to email you pics instead of mms , seems i just end up not getting anything. Hopefully it will get fixed in an update. There are just too many good things about the iPhone to leave it