Send pics from iPhone to your .Mac Photo Gallery! AWESOME!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
Jobs mentioned this today..

10:32AM:
"Out with your iPhone, we've added "Send to Web Gallery" on your iPhone. Pick one, emails to special address, that photo will show up on your web gallery. Can tell friends about it, View others' web galleries right on your iPhone, great iPhone experience, fully integrated." Demo time!

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/07/live-from-Apples-summer-mac-product-press-conference/
Yep I mentioned this in...http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/apple-online-store-update.7223/

very exciting

Last edited by a moderator:

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Ok I just tried to upload a pic from my phone to my .mac account but I get this error:

None of your .Mac accounts have been configured for posting from mobile devices.

You must first enable this feature on the .Mac website.

Question: Where the heck do I enable this at on the .Mac site?

cdf619

Jul 1, 2007
Ok I just tried to upload a pic from my phone to my .mac account but I get this error:

None of your .Mac accounts have been configured for posting from mobile devices.

You must first enable this feature on the .Mac website.

Question: Where the heck do I enable this at on the .Mac site?
Can't figure it out either. Been looking for the past 15 minutes and nothing.

Anyone know?

cdf619

Jul 1, 2007
Wonder if it is a feature that will be dependent upon ilife 08. On that topic does anyone know if you can purchase and download ilife 08 from Apple. I know they are still updating the store but was not sure if that was possible through earlier versions or do you need to physically buy it.

Sorry a little off topic for this thread.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I "listened" to the whole presentation and am pretty sure you've got to ahve iLife 08 and set up the Web Gallery from the new iPhoto before it will work, then once set up you can add pics to it from any iPhone, Mac, or PC or maybe any phone, but yeah the Web gallery has to be set up first.

When i bought the current iLife it was not available as a download but it is on sale today.

best news was the increase to 10gigs for .Mac for same price. wOOt and about time :).

new iMacs look sleek Anyone else think they kinds of match the iPhone looks. Actually not sure I'm crazy about the black border around the screen.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I think I am missing something, why is this exciting? Not be be the negative one, but what does this really do for me? I take a photo and upload it to a .mac site then share that? I fear this is the "solution" to no mms.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
must mean that there's another UPDATE coming! to add that button and i'm sure bunch of other goodies?

DiscoJoey

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
must mean that there's another UPDATE coming! to add that button and i'm sure bunch of other goodies?
no lots of people who havnt had there phone hooked up to a computer all day have it on there phone. you just need a .MAC account.

tundra

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
New Jersey
When did the option to send to web gallery show up? I do not recall seeing that option ever. Then again I have not emailed a photo in a while.

jacjac2

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Texas
Here but not used

I have the Add to Web Gallery Button but it does me no good unless you have iLife08 which has the new iPhoto Web Gallery.

Eiko

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Perhaps iLife 06 will get an update to allow this. I don't know though I just purchased my fort mac not even 2 weeks ago.
Nope.. check for updates on 06 takes you to a page to buy 08.

The "send to" doesn't work without a .mac account (100.00) and iLife 08 (79.00)... no thanks.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Calm down junior :) , It's already there. Try to email a photo you'll see the new option...
thanks senior :p :laugh2: I got back to it this morning and gots it now but not until I did activate my .mac email in the phone. Only then did it appear as I read eleswhere.

I've got a .Mac acct and am looking forward to setting up this web gallery option when I get the new iLife, but it is apparent that the upload from the iPhone won't do anything until you ahve iLife 08 and ahve the Gallery set up on .Mac. Really love the 10 gigs upgrade for the account also.