Send/Receive Contacts, etc via Bluetooth?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Does anyone know if the iPhone can receive or send contacts, notes, bookmarks, and the like via BT? PalmOS and WM can largely do so, but I have thus far been unable to send things from my PalmOS Treo to my iPhone and am wondering if it's even possible.

Expanding on that, what else has anyone used their iPhone BT for besides hands-free/headset usage?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
flagged to move this thread to the bluetooth forum...

hi, JoeT. no, the iPhone is only capable of mono audio headset use via bluetooth. no data transfer is possible whatsoever, unless you hack your iPhone (for any questions on this, check the iPhone modifications forum).

we have a bluetooth forum where this question has been asked and answered ad infinitum - a search there would have revealed the answer to your question instantaneously. :)

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
flagged to move this thread to the bluetooth forum...

hi, JoeT. no, the iPhone is only capable of mono audio headset use via bluetooth. no data transfer is possible whatsoever, unless you hack your iPhone (for any questions on this, check the iPhone modifications forum).

we have a bluetooth forum where this question has been asked and answered ad infinitum - a search there would have revealed the answer to your question instantaneously. :)

GAH! Totally missed the BT forum waaay down there at the bottom. Mea Maxima Culpa, my lady... :)

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
hmm, but the bluetooth forum only has the most basic of functions!

You can read posts but not swap them between computers.
You can only read posts in mono - as stereo postings are not possible.
You can't stream posts A2DP - this is very annoying.
Also viewing the bluetooth forum will make your battery go flat.

We need a new bluetooth forum in the next update