Send via Exchange Appears in Inbox

JWadle

Oct 18, 2008
I am using iPhone 2.1 with MS Exchange 2003. When I send an email from the iPhone it is sent but shows up in the Inbox on the iPhone. The Sent folder initially remains empty, but syncs with Exchange after it is opened on the iPhone.

Why do sent items appear in the iPhone Inbox? Why doesn't the Sent folder automatically sync with Exchange?

Any help appreciated.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I am using iPhone 2.1 with MS Exchange 2003. When I send an email from the iPhone it is sent but shows up in the Inbox on the iPhone. The Sent folder initially remains empty, but syncs with Exchange after it is opened on the iPhone.

Why do sent items appear in the iPhone Inbox? Why doesn't the Sent folder automatically sync with Exchange?

Any help appreciated.
Do you have it setup as an exchange account? Do you have the proper permission from your IT department?

Sep 16, 2008

Any help appreciated.

In your mail settings do you have the option "Always BCC myself" turned on? If so this may be causing messages to also appear in your inbox.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY

Any help appreciated.
I have the same set up as you and I have to mannually refresh (update) my sent box on the iPhone to see the mail I have sent. I do not sync my mail account with I tunes. I let all the sync get done through the exchange settings.