Send your iPhone pics to Flickr.. Yes its possible

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
All you need to do is have a Flickr account. Click Upload photo. Then click Uploading tools. Then click Upload by email.

It will generate an email address for you to send your pics to. Also be sure to set your primary email acount in your Flickr account to the address you'll be sending pics from.

Another tip.. you'll want to delete your signature on the email or it will show up on the comments for tje pic in Flickr. The email subject will be the image title and the body will be the description.

infosprt

Aug 9, 2007
Hopefully Apple will get the file upload capability fixed in Safari (most mobile phones running MS Windows Mobile have this capability). If they do you will no longer have to upload photos via email but instead be able to upload directly from the browser when you visit Flickr.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
What do you mean write done the URL?! You mean you can't just memorize it?

Apple is helping us improve our memory skills :laugh2:

junkie

Jul 17, 2007
Could of sworn though that picture sending costs 50 cents a piece to send. Thought I read someone had a HUGE bill the 1st month.

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
This is cool, I would like to set something like this up now that I actually use the camera in my phone... only problem is you have to use a yahoo email account. Yuck. I see Google is partnering w/ Picassa to offer a similar feature, but looks like no emailable function. Are there any other photoblogging sites that are easy to use and allow emailed photos?

All you need to do is have a Flickr account. Click Upload photo. Then click Uploading tools. Then click Upload by email.

It will generate an email address for you to send your pics to. Also be sure to set your primary email acount in your Flickr account to the address you'll be sending pics from.

Another tip.. you'll want to delete your signature on the email or it will show up on the comments for tje pic in Flickr. The email subject will be the image title and the body will be the description.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
This is cool, I would like to set something like this up now that I actually use the camera in my phone... only problem is you have to use a yahoo email account. Yuck. I see Google is partnering w/ Picassa to offer a similar feature, but looks like no emailable function. Are there any other photoblogging sites that are easy to use and allow emailed photos?
Paul you don't need to use a yahoo account. If you go into your account settings you can add your own address in there and then make it your primary flickr email address.

antithetic

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007

You don't have to use a Yahoo! email account to upload to Flickr. You just need to know the email address that Flickr assigns to your account. You can send pictures to that account from any email address for it to upload to your Flickr photostream.

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
right on guys thx for the tip, you do have to create a Yahoo ID to get started but I have one from a domain I registered. So I got up and running, but so far none of the pix I've emailed are showing up. Has anybody else been successful from the Photo widgit?

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
Ok - Got this to work, first over Wi-FI, then over EDGE... looks like if you close out of the photo widgit before it is done emailing on EDGE sometimes the email gets lost or aborts. But all in all a fun way to photoblog. Flickr has a pretty easy backend as well, from what I've seen.

right on guys thx for the tip, you do have to create a Yahoo ID to get started but I have one from a domain I registered. So I got up and running, but so far none of the pix I've emailed are showing up. Has anybody else been successful from the Photo widgit?

Errk!

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Yeah - I do this. It's cool. I run a photo blog for my kids for out-of-town family, and I take pictures, email them to my Flickr acc't, then go to Flickr and blog the photo. Very cool.

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
It's likely that Flickr might release software to upload pictures properly. Modern Nokia smartphones can do this out of the box with official software.