Sending a link through iPad toolbar

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Debj, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Debj

Debj New Member

I used to copy the URL and paste it into an email when I wanted to share a link or email it to myself. (i use gmail) Then I found the button on the toolbar--the one that's to the left of the URL line. So I've been using it for a while and now I discovered the emails are nowhere to be found. Where did they go? I must have a setting wrong. Can anyone point me the right direction?

2. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

If you are talking about how to email a page link in safari. There is a toolbar at the bottom. There is an icon that looks like a square box with an arrow pointing to the right. If you press that there is an option to "mail link to page"

3. Debj

Debj New Member

Actually, that is the problem. That is the button I have been using and it appears that the messages are being sent but they are not. I must have something set wrong that is not allowing the messages to actually go anywhere. Any ideas?

4. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

Well the message is tied to your outgoing email server. So if your sending emails ok and you just can't send links via email, you got me. I would try:
    1- go to settings // safari// clear history.
    2- go to settings// safari// clear cookies
    3- go to settings// safari// accept "all" cookies
    4- Do a hard restart of your phone.
    5- Do items 1-4. If that does not work, as a last resort I would delete your email account and reinstall it.