Sending email

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

EdmondT

Jul 6, 2007
There was quite a bit of chat early about problems in sending email, and I still have them.

Anyone solve the problem yet?

Edmond

mane3215

Jul 1, 2007
Same thing here, but on my comcast account. I have yahoo set up but don't use it to know if its doing the same thing or not.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
help with my email

i have been trying to get pictures that people have been emailing me since the day that i got my iPhone..... there is an issue.. I don't GET THE DAM PICS., i see the little paper clip that is on the corner of the email [in the iPhone] but it loads and i don't get smack... this is happening on both the yahoo and gmail accounts that i have.....

please help... if you can.. i guess that i can take it into the Apple store but id rather save teh trip if i can.. thanks

EdmondT

Jul 6, 2007
No, I have Outlook and have not been able to send emails from the beginning. anyone solve that problem?

Thanks.

Edmond

ben1380

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Seems many of us are having e-mail issues in one form or another, I'm hoping Apple is aware of this and is working on a firmware fix.
Im about to ditch yahoo and it's crappy IMAP. Sometimes my email works, sometimes it doesn't.

Now, I can't reply to forwarded messages. For example, my gmail accounts forward to my yahoo account. But if I try to reply to those emails from my yahoo....nothing. Nothing shows up in my sent items and nothing gets sent and no one gets any emails.

I'm about fed up with this. Also, I can't pix message any one from my yahoo account. I get SMTP 550 errors. I have to pix message from my gmail account to cell phones.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
It used to not work for me but it resolved itself. Try adding another email account making that the main one. Then power off iPhone and switch back to your yahoo.

rick283

Jul 7, 2007
There was quite a bit of chat early about problems in sending email, and I still have them.

Anyone solve the problem yet?

Edmond
I haven't had any success with my Comcast POP account. I'm using smtp.comcast.net as the outgoing mail server along with the full e-mail address of my main account and password, but it won't go. At one point I was getting messages back like:

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Permanent Failure: 550_Mailbox_unavailable_or_access_denied_-[/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Now, the iPhone just says it cannot connect to smtp.comcast.net.[/FONT]