Sending emailed photo's to Photo Album

Mar 22, 2008
Hello,

Just two questions for now...

I received an e-mail with a photo attached to it and wanted to send it to my photo album. I was unable to do this and seeing no obvious way to send the photograph to my album. Is this a limitation of the iPhone?

The only way it looks that you are able to get a photograph into the iPhone is via the iTunes. However, you are also unable to get a photograph from your iPhone into the iTunes. Is this also another limitation of iPhone?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Hello,

I received an e-mail with a photo attached to it and wanted to send it to my photo album. I was unable to do this and seeing no obvious way to send the photograph to my album. Is this a limitation of the iPhone?

The only way it looks that you are able to get a photograph into the iPhone is via the iTunes. However, you are also unable to get a photograph from your iPhone into the iTunes. Is this also another limitation of iPhone?
You can if you have a .mac account and a web gallery. If you do, the album in your web gallery must be enabled to receive pictures from mobile phones or email. When you click on the "send to album" button on top of the web gallery page in Safari, a message will come that says something like this; "to send pictures to this album...send to this email address, say Floatingpoint-w3f0@gallery.mac.com".

Once you know that particular address, you can forward all your emails with pictures to it and they(the pics) will automatically mount in the album.

Picture 8.jpg

The 2 first pics were attachments to an email.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Hello,

You can load the photos on the phone through iTunes but unfortunately not straight from your email on your iPhone. You have to save it on your computer and then transfer it over.

The only photos you can transfer from your phone to your computer is any photos you took with the camera. It will not sync across any photos that you loaded on to the iPhone.

It is indeed a limitation of the phone.