Sending Group text messages

Dec 22, 2008
I am a basketball Coach. Is there an easy 1 click way to send group text messages.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
as of right now with the stock iPhone features i'd gotta say negative coach. jailbreaking im not sure.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^dude i like your sig, i can see i'm leaving a positive contribution.

anyways, if you jailbreak (and ask questions in the RIGHT SECTION) you can use a program called biteSMS and send 1 message, then just forward it to anyone else you wish to send it to, its pretty convenient. pm me if you need help jailbreaking, i'll be happy to help.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
or you can install a free app from the Appstore called FriendCast. It will allow you to create a voice message & let you send it out to as many contacts as you want. When you send it, the recipients phone will ring. When they pickup, you message will play. It has the ability of the leaving you message on their voicemail if they don't pickup. This is an alernative if you don't want to jailbreak.

mrowsi

Dec 12, 2009
I think its sms I want to use! I am very new to the I phone and struggling with it,
I have a group of contacts, 45 in total, I want to send a "news flash" text out for latest events and meetings, my N95 8 gig phone was fantastic, I just clicked new text recipient click the group and that was that, how do I do it on the iPhone?
I have set up a number of groups each with the different contacts names and numbers in them, now I want to send a text to them without having to add them individually, please tell me how this is done?
version 3.1.2 (7D11) Model MB489B if that helps
Sorry like I say had it for 2 days now and wishing I had stuck to the n95 8gig !

pandrews

Jan 4, 2009
Clevedon,UK
You can try it this way, write a message
Then go to the small + button and add your first mobile number then when that appears press the To: space again and the blue + button will appear again then you add the second and so forth....
it's still fairly slow but works,I think this is the only way but I'm a bit new myself 

Rcspott

Mar 3, 2011
Is there a way to group text or a really simple app that's good for iPhone.

Thanks

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Is there a way to group text or a really simple app that's good for iPhone.

Thanks
which phone(s)?
Your wanting something other than group messaging that is in settings, messages, group messaging ( turn on)?

Rcspott

Mar 3, 2011
I need to send a group text to 18 people on a regular basis. I want to be able to hit one button to put all18 people into the send line each time. For iPhone 4

Oct 14, 2011
Alabama
I need to send a group text to 18 people on a regular basis. I want to be able to hit one button to put all18 people into the send line each time. For iPhone 4
I work with a team of 12 and regularly send group texts to them all. Once I send them a group text they remain in my history list of sent texts. So I simply go back and pull up that same group from my history list to send a new text to them whenever I need to.

Rcspott

Mar 3, 2011
I work with a team of 12 and regularly send group texts to them all. Once I send them a group text they remain in my history list of sent texts. So I simply go back and pull up that same group from my history list to send a new text to them whenever I need to.

Rcspott

Mar 3, 2011
Amish

The iPhone 4 with 5.01 caps out at 10 in the send field.

Rcspott

Mar 3, 2011
Well thanks all for the help and leads. I can't believe how complicated some of these apps can be. They want to do all things but don't really do one thing well. All I want to do is a group text. I don't want your app to take over my settings so it works or assign me and everyone else a new phone number,etc. sometimes the simplest thing are the hardest.

Merry Christmas to all.

Jan 15, 2012
is there a way to do a group send on txt messages?
I've been able to do this on other phones just not the iPhone

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
To add on to what FlwrPwr said, you can also check Settings, messages, make sure group messaging is on.

Jan 15, 2012
Flwrpwer that's how I've been doing it up to now, is there a way of just adding a group name so all the desired contacts don't need to be added everytime?