Sending in an iPhone to Apple

Jan 30, 2008
this is pretty pathetic to warn you. I was trying to get a stroller with my 2 year old cousin in it down some concrete stairs. He pulled my iPhone out of my pocket and threw it down the stairs. Basically I want a scratch free iPhone. I have had some problems with it prior to it being thrown. I was thinking of complaining to Apple about the problems I've been having with my phone and seeing if they would send me a new one. Has anyone done this before or have any advice. My iPhone is stock with all the updates. Oh yeah and if I get a new iPhone I will get a new case.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
If you have been having some legit problems with the phone, Apple will probably replace it. They seem to be very liberal in that department. Won't get a new case though. Sorry.

Jan 30, 2008
If you have been having some legit problems with the phone, Apple will probably replace it. They seem to be very liberal in that department. Won't get a new case though. Sorry.
No I was just saying if I did get a new iPhone from Apple I would go out and buy a case to prevent it from getting scratched

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i've read in various forums that once they see accidental damage, they will charge you to have it fixed or replaced. i think the going rate is $250. unless they have documentation of the problems you had before the damage (notes in their tech support system if you brought the iPhone in to a store), i don't think you'll get around this...

Aug 27, 2007
Apple is pretty good about replacing phones. After I bought my iPhone I treated it like a baby and was extremely cautious about scratches, so when I started noticing some scratches on the chrome bezel, I bought a case to prevent any more. The case actually made more scratches, and I went to Apple just to see if maybe they'd replace the phone. Turns out they did and they even let me swap out my old case for adifferent one! So moral of the story, its worth a shot taking it to an Apple store and pleading your case.

Jan 30, 2008
Apple is pretty good about replacing phones. After I bought my iPhone I treated it like a baby and was extremely cautious about scratches, so when I started noticing some scratches on the chrome bezel, I bought a case to prevent any more. The case actually made more scratches, and I went to Apple just to see if maybe they'd replace the phone. Turns out they did and they even let me swap out my old case for adifferent one! So moral of the story, its worth a shot taking it to an Apple store and pleading your case.
I live in south Carolina and the closest iPhone store is in ATL I think. You think calling Apple would work?

Jan 30, 2008
ok so i called Apple today. they only gave me 2 options. i could go to an Apple store and have them take a look at it but the only problem is the closest Apple store is freaking 180 miles away. and the other option is send my iPhone in for them to fix it then they will rent me out a phone for $25. the lady told me they wouldn't know how long they would have it for. she said if i would be able to go to an Apple store they would look at it and probably change it out. thats ridiculous they need to put an Apple store somewhere around here.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I would of wanted to throw that child down the stairs... my question is how did the kid take it out of your pocket? Was it in your pants pocket? If so you should of seen it coming.. Good luck