Sending my iPhone back to Apple

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
I just got off the phone with an Apple rep and I'm now in the process of sending my phone back to Apple due to excessive heat while browsing with EDGE and WiFi.

The phone get so hot is makes my hands sweat.

Anyway, how long does it typically take to get the phone back after they repair it? Is it more likely I'll get a refurb than them actually repairing my phone?

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I just got off the phone with an Apple rep and I'm now in the process of sending my phone back to Apple due to excessive heat while browsing with EDGE and WiFi.

The phone get so hot is makes my hands sweat.

Anyway, how long does it typically take to get the phone back after they repair it? Is it more likely I'll get a refurb than them actually repairing my phone?
i'm not exactly sure on how long it takes for you to get it back through the mail, but i would suggest maybe taking it to an Apple store. when i took mine in i got it the same day, and it was brand new.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I've heard of people sending in or returning 4GB phones and getting 8GB phones back since the 4GB phones are no longer being produced. Maybe you'll get lucky :)

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I've heard of people sending in or returning 4GB phones and getting 8GB phones back since the 4GB phones are no longer being produced. Maybe you'll get lucky :)
if that's true, i would DEFINITELY go to the store.

and i was just thinking, would Apple even have any refurbbed 4gigs left? i thought they sold them all...

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
Well I guess it all comes down to if they'll actually open up my phone and repair it or just send me a refurb. I hope they just send me a refurb. :)

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I bet he gets a 8gb! I've heard the same thing!

I've also heard this works with ipods also...;)

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
well we will see what happens. I should get the box sometime today so I can send my phone back. Let's hope I'm lucky enough to at least get a refurb.

On a related note, my contacts will sync from my computer if I get a new phone right?

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
So I had a pick up scheduled for 6pm-7pm tonight. I get home at about 6 but I never thought they would be there on the hour. So I leave from school at about 5pm (I do yearbook) and I race home at literally 100mph at some point to get there in time.

I pull up my private drive and the Fedex truck passes me leaving! :mad:

I have a pick up scheduled at about 10am tmm morning now.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
After Apple receives it, you will get back your iPhone in 2-3 days. I had the same heating issue and they sent me a new/refurbished one.

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
Now tell me this..

Is it possible to send in a messed up hacked phone for repair?

Even if i have to pay
Yes, but you will have to pay.

By hacking your iPhone you have voided your warranty. After I calculated the risk, "hacking" my iPhone did not make sense.