Sending my iPhone for service, do i need to back up?

TheDon

Jun 30, 2007
Socal
Is there anything special i need to do to back up my iPhone incase they wipe it clean or i end up with a new phone? Or will all my contacts etc transfer to my new phone automatically via iTunes?

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Def back up ... chances are you will just get a new phone. My uncle sent his in for a simple small speaker problem. They didn't even bother to fix it they just sent him a totally new iPhone. I would def back it up. It seems to me that Apple is taking all these phones people are sending in for service and sending the user a brand new one and fixing these broken iPhones at their leasure. Because now they are starting to sell refurbished iPhones online for 100 bucks less. The refurbs have to come from somewhere. So def back up and maybe you will get lucky and get a brand new phone ... Good luck!

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
When you sync to iTunes one of the tabs asks if you want to sync all of your contacts calendar ect. And I think everytime you sync it, it makes a back up of your settings at that current time. I had to do a hard reset once and all my information was put right back on the phone. Hope that helps ...

TheDon

Jun 30, 2007
Socal
So i sent it in today and kept my sim card. For those who payed the $250, did you pay up front or after you got the phone back?

Aug 15, 2007
So i sent it in today and kept my sim card. For those who payed the $250, did you pay up front or after you got the phone back?

$250 charge?!?! Bogus! From my understanding, you shouldn't pay a dime for any repairs (1 yr warranty) unless the damage was a result of accidental damage i.e. cracked screen, scratches, dents, water damage, etc.