Sending my iPhone in for service AGAIN!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
I had to send my iPhone in for service for the THIRD time since September. I'm also on my THIRD pair of earphones.

This time Apple did send me a loaner phone free of charge. (Something I don't think they should charge for in the first place. You make a $500 product that breaks in month AND you're going to charge me for a loaner phone?!)

This time I'm having trouble with the battery not holding a charge long enough. It's dead by the time I'm out of school (3pm) and I don't even really use it during the school day. Mild texting with SOME iPod and internet usage. My first iPhone lasted SOOO much longer.

All the thoughts of jacking it were wiped away when I saw "Service Phone" inscribed on the back.

Last edited by a moderator:

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
Man, I wish when I was in school I had an iPhone, or a phone at all. I think I had a pager in my senior year, but nothing like an iPhone where I could goof off all the time with it. Lucky bastards.

When I was in school, we had to page each other 8008 to get a laugh, and we liked it! Anyone? 8008? Get it? 8008? Damn I am old.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
When I was in school we used a payphone in the quad and it was only a dime. Or we would call collect. Ahhh... those where the 80's.

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
Fedex just picked it up this afternoon. Hopefully Apple replaces it with a properly functioning iPhone.

Wish me luck....

chavezr6

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Just sent my in this morning. I also have a new headset coming my way. What was wrong with yours? Mine was the right earbud going out.

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
Just checked the repair status and it seems Apple has replaced my iPhone. Hopefully this iPhone will be cured of battery problems.

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
When I got mine repaired they told me that they don't have the loaner phone program anymore. Hmmm strange.
That is strange. They offered it to me, I didn't even ask. Plus when they did offer it, they told me they'd waive the fee because I'm such a loyal and high paying customer.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
That is strange. They offered it to me, I didn't even ask. Plus when they did offer it, they told me they'd waive the fee because I'm such a loyal and high paying customer.
I am starting to think what was Apple trying to convey. Either the Genius was nuts or Apple has some terms and conditions, beyond which the customer will be fooled.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Just checked the repair status and it seems Apple has replaced my iPhone. Hopefully this iPhone will be cured of battery problems.
That's good news - hope it works out well for you!

When I got mine repaired they told me that they don't have the loaner phone program anymore. Hmmm strange.
Was this in-store or over the phone? I've heard of some people not getting loaners in-store because they were all already loaned out.

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Im on my third iPhone but I have never sent it back to the repair center. I just go to the Apple store and they exchange it no problem. Why do you send it in again?

C

christopher716

ive had mine a month and i hope that i don't have to do any of this you guys are speaking of

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
Was this in-store or over the phone? I've heard of some people not getting loaners in-store because they were all already loaned out.
This was in-store. Third time I went into this store, the Genius told me "We no longer have loaner phones. Apple has stopped lending out phones while yours is in repair". As I had mentioned earlier. either the Genius was nuts or Apple has some terms and conditions, beyond which the customer will be fooled.

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
I don't like going to the store because:

1) I have to wait in line
2) I have make an appointment and then completely form my agenda around it
3) The adjective Genius to describe those people is oxymoranic.