Sending Photos To Non iPhones Users

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

stapes

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
For some reason when I send a photo from the iPhone to lets say a verizon cell phone xxx.xxx@vzwpix.com it can take hours before the other person receives it or in most cases they never get it. I've tried sending photos to users with T-mobile as well and the same thing happens. Is there something I'm missing here? I can email a photo just fine, works like a charm. The only thing I can think of is maybe since the iPhone takes a 2mega pix photo perhaps the other phones can't except a file of that size?

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
For some reason when I send a photo from the iPhone to lets say a verizon cell phone xxx.xxx@vzwpix.com it can take hours before the other person receives it or in most cases they never get it. I've tried sending photos to users with T-mobile as well and the same thing happens. Is there something I'm missing here? I can email a photo just fine, works like a charm. The only thing I can think of is maybe since the iPhone takes a 2mega pix photo perhaps the other phones can't except a file of that size?
You're essentially sending an attached file via text messaging to cellphones. Cellphones more than likely not equipped to handle viewing pictures, let alone attachments.

stapes

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
You're essentially sending an attached file via text messaging to cellphones. Cellphones more than likely not equipped to handle viewing pictures, let alone attachments.
So I've sent photos to a friend who has a verizon chocolate phone. Pretty new phone which has received photos from my iPhone before. But like I said it has taken hours for it to go through or just won't work.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
When I send them to my Dad's Motorola Q on Verizon he gets the message in three separate messages:

1) The picture
2) The text of the message (if there is any)
3) A blank page

The weird thing is that the picture is so small as to be unviewable.

stapes

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
When I send them to my Dad's Motorola Q on Verizon he gets the message in three separate messages:

1) The picture
2) The text of the message (if there is any)
3) A blank page

The weird thing is that the picture is so small as to be unviewable.
Just sent my brother a photo to his Motorla Q 5 to 10 mins ago and he's still yet to receive it. At least your dad gets an image ;)
Does your pops get your message pretty instant or is it delayed ?

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
It is usually delayed and sometimes is undeliverable. I think this has more to do with the Verizon vzwpix.com network more than anything. I can e-mail any other accounts all day long without any probs and iPhone to iPhone (my wife's) is very fast. Of course it's really gmail account to gmail account but you know what I mean.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Probably a network or routing issue somewhere. Used to work at a cellular company before and seen where the carriers SMS/MMS provider has accidentally dumped all their routing tables for particular carriers. The reason no Cellular company will gaurantee delivery/timely delivery of SMS/MMS is because the routing usually works as follows :

From your phone/your carrier/carriers sms,mms routing company/your friends sms,mms routing company/your friends carrier/to your friend IF device is in area and not roaming, IF device is on AND in good signal coverage, IF device is on and not in Analog. And timelyness of ALL of this is dependant on if there's any network congestion in any of the networks, and all the routing tables are correct.

I used to hate troubleshooting SMS/MMS..