Sending Photos...

yoyoma02

Sep 24, 2008
Sorry, I'm new at this...

Is it possible to send photos in text messages?

Also, I know it's possible to send photos though my gmail account, but I can't find the attach option when sending out emails... am I missing something?

Please help! Thanks!

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Sorry, I'm new at this...

Is it possible to send photos in text messages?

Also, I know it's possible to send photos though my gmail account, but I can't find the attach option when sending out emails... am I missing something?

Please help! Thanks!
As far as i know, we cant send/receive MMS messages. And to send a pic through email, you have to do it through the Photos app. You just simply select the pic you wanna send, tap the curved arrow in the bottom left corner, and tap "email photo" and it automatically takes you to your email with the photo attached.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I believe you should be able to send photos via email on the iPhone to another phone if you have its "email" address for mms. Typically the email is the 10 digit phone number followed by @mms.att.com or what ever the service is.

I have tried it, but my wife's Razor only gets the message and not the picture. I have not tried to figure out why.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I believe you should be able to send photos via email on the iPhone to another phone if you have its "email" address for mms. Typically the email is the 10 digit phone number followed by @mms.att.com or what ever the service is.

I have tried it, but my wife's Razor only gets the message and not the picture. I have not tried to figure out why.
That does work. I have sent picture messages to somebody's phonenumber@provider.com

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
As far as i know, we cant send/receive MMS messages. And to send a pic through email, you have to do it through the Photos app. You just simply select the pic you wanna send, tap the curved arrow in the bottom left corner, and tap "email photo" and it automatically takes you to your email with the photo attached.
yes, it kinda sux you can't attach the photo from email....
Plus I don't think you can send multiple photos in one email neither.... right..?

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
no... Apple needs to allow multiple attachments and a place where we can download files to... And then send those files through email

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I think its close to the mini computer.

Besides making and receiving phonecalls/voicemail:

I can surf the web.
I can send and receive email.
Store photos
Play games
Check banking
Watch videos/Listen to music.
Store reference files.
Etc.

Obviously there are limitations, but it is close.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
That does work. I have sent picture messages to somebody's phonenumber@provider.com
This works sometimes. My wife's phone will receive it about 50% of the time (have sent her a dozen or more by now and she has Verizon) and I have a friend at work that I try to send them to all the time, she is on a BB with T-mobile and they never ever arrive.

Oct 10, 2008
Canada eh!
I'll add it here, i can send pic's through email but can I receive them? Sorry for the newbie question.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
The email solution to other phone networks email addresses works most of the time, in fact I have asked my friends to send the MMS stuff to my email address, nice thing is when I respond it gets back to them. Silly work around for what should be a standard feature on this phone.