Sending Pictures

p7jnp

Apr 17, 2008
Having only just purchasing an iPhone I seem to be struggling with a few things:-

1. How to you send a picture via text?
2. Can you forward a text message?

Thanks

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
You don't send pics with text on a stock iPhone. You can email them, but not through MMS. The stock firmware doesn't support MMS yet.

If you want to jailbreak your phone, you can use some third-party apps like swirlymms.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
1. You can't. Email only at this point.
2. No, not at this point without jailbreaking and using third-party software.

Duckman

Bronze
Apr 11, 2008
Will this massive update this JUNE have it?

Thanks,

mski

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
will it make you feel better if I say yes? the fact is no one really knows, but it's likely that someone will write some code to fix the iPhone's deficiencies, whether it's Apple or not.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
true dat
one of the best apps you can get is "sendpics"
it actually emails the full size image and if you have a photobucket account (they're free)
you can give the link to someone to view the fullsize image

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I agree. We won't really know until we see the improvements with the new firmware. Hopefully, someone will come up with a third party app that Apple can live with even if the guys from Cupertino don't want to develop one themselves.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Having only just purchasing an iPhone I seem to be struggling with a few things:-

1. How to you send a picture via text?
2. Can you forward a text message?

Thanks
Before you ask.......

You can't copy and paste

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
i refuse to blv the hype of the next "iPhone" firmware update. It only leads to dissapointment. Jailbreak is the way to go and it always will be. Apple will try to block it somehow but the jailbreak teams are not only just as good as the developers at Apple, IMHO, they have proven themselves to be better, more agile in the iPhone third party application development. If I was an Apple employee/wank/developer i would be embarrassed! I am sure they must have a self esteem problem or will develop one once they become aware how far the hackers have taken the iPhone without them!

But...Nice platform Apple and thanks.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
i refuse to blv the hype of the next "iPhone" firmware update. It only leads to dissapointment. Jailbreak is the way to go and it always will be. Apple will try to block it somehow but the jailbreak teams are not only just as good as the developers at Apple, IMHO, they have proven themselves to be better, more agile in the iPhone third party application development. If I was an Apple employee/wank/developer i would be embarrassed! I am sure they must have a self esteem problem or will develop one once they become aware how far the hackers have taken the iPhone without them!

But...Nice platform Apple and thanks.
what are you favourite jailbreak apps

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Did you not see the smilie?
Yeah I did:D. Didn't mean to sound off:eek:. I think our European use of the American dialect can sound that way. I was laughing honest.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Just realised I sad 'sound off' which I know can mean two different things also...I meant I did not mean to sound 'ill tempered', 'Angry'.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Just realised I sad 'sound off' which I know can mean two different things also...I meant I did not mean to sound 'ill tempered', 'Angry'.
No problem. Just didn't want anyone to think I was slammin' this guy. :)