Sending quick pics within messages

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Bunk009, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Bunk009

Bunk009 Member
    Bronze

So this is driving me BANANAS:

Was out to dinner tonight and wanted to send a quick picture of the restaurant I was at with the new feature where you hold the button down on the left of the text box. Wasn't trying to send a video but a picture.

Had the camera facing outward(rear camera) and the lighting in the restaurant was such that the flash was auto enabled I guess. Kept holding the button to snap the pic. Flash would go off. Picture would never take! So annoying. I can send messages on front facing camera this way and in lighter situations without a flash the pics send fine. Can Anyone else replicate this? Fixes?

Thanks

2. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

If you tap and release the camera button a popup comes up allowing you to select a still picture from the photos on your phone, use the camera to take a still photo or a video to be included in your message. Pressing and holding the camera button gives you a shortcut to start and stop a video to be included in your message.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Sent from my iPhone 5

3. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

It only works with iMessage. I just push the button and slide up to the camera, It takes a picture and send it as soon as I let go.

#3 imutter, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  4. Bunk009

Bunk009 Member
    Bronze

It works for me too the same way. Unless the photo uses the flash. Then it just flashes and does nothing

5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Have you toggled the flash off in the regular camera settings ?
    I don't know otherwise? Reset and try if it works after ?

6. Bunk009

Bunk009 Member
    Bronze

I did and nothing! Also did a hard reset. And only when the camera is facing out naturally.

Not the end of the world. Just super annoying because I'm super crazy. Next time you're in a low light situation, flip the selfie cam to face out and see if it happens to you when sending a quick message?

Operative words: I'm super crazy.

7. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I'm assuming the OP was trying to insert a still camera image into an iMessage. The method I mentioned in my previous post will do just that. I tried the method imutter described and ended up taking a selfie that was immediately inserted into the iMessage and the message then sent itself without any input from me. What's up with that?? Fortunately, I addressed it to myself so no one else was grossed out.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Sent from my iPhone 5

8. Bunk009

Bunk009 Member
    Bronze

No I know how to put messages into pictures. And I know how the new feature for the quick, snap chat like pictures are supposed to work. But when I try to do it in low light when a flash would be required, it doesn't send automatically like the front facing camera does. Or like photos do when in good light. I sometimes want to send a quick pic in a message without saving and loved the new feature in the new iOS. Just doesn't always work.