Sending text, others don't receive?

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
it seems like its happening like 20% of the time, i send a txt and they ask if i replied, seems like it happens more with txts longer than 4 lines, so i try to keep each txt at 4 lines max. IM not sure if its my phone or theirs, anyone else have this issue? Also, could it be because of how other phones have a txt counter to 160 characters per txt? and if you go over then its considered to be 2 separate txts? i don't think this was happening when i first got the phone, should i reset it? i think you hold home screen button and power button at same time till it resets? (without loosing anything?)

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I had that happen when texting my wifes LG phone (Verizon). We restarted her phone and it fixed the problem. If it is only one person that has the problem I would have them power off and on their phone and try it again. If it is several people then the problem may be on your end. I have not heard of anyone having that problem at the iPhone end.

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
I had that happen when texting my wifes LG phone (Verizon). We restarted her phone and it fixed the problem. If it is only one person that has the problem I would have them power off and on their phone and try it again. If it is several people then the problem may be on your end. I have not heard of anyone having that problem at the iPhone end.
she has a blackberry 8300 or something, and i cant confirm if it has happened with others, its possible tho, this is where copy paste comes in handy i hate retyping stuff, lol