Senseless shipping silliness

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
So, I ordered a 10$ headphone adapter for the iPhone from the Apple store, and it was supposed to be delivered today. I noticed a couple days ago that it said on the tracking page that it was a "signature required" shipment.
For a 10$ adapter! So, I affixed the print-out page they provided, signed, to my door. Just checked status again, not delivered, due to "recipient unavailable." SIGH.....

Here's the iRony. (you like that?)
They had no problem leaving a brand new iPhone (MSRP 600.00$US) in a small box, on my front door, Saturday morning, with no signature. LOL

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
This would be more of a UPS or whoever the shipper is, rather than an Apple issue. I know that UPS won't leave anything at my door if it requires a signature and I'm actually grateful. You might want to just refuse it and go to a local Apple or AT&T store.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
This would be more of a UPS or whoever the shipper is, rather than an Apple issue. I know that UPS won't leave anything at my door if it requires a signature and I'm actually grateful. You might want to just refuse it and go to a local Apple or AT&T store.
I don't have a local Apple store, and the AT&T store didn't carry this particular accessory, that I saw.

It's ok, I signed another door tag that they left yesterday, and shoud be getting the package today. :)