Sent iPhone out Sunday

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
question: For people who sent their phone out for repair did anyone receive their phones back fixed or do they always send out a replacement?

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
It depends on the problem. I sent mine in because of a bad speaker and they just replaced it. I'm sure Apple has some type of internal procedure for determining whether it should be fixed or replaced.

Joe

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
If Apple has to open the case to make the repair, you're likely going to get a new one. Since most problems will require the case to be opened, it's safe to say most people will get a new phone.

rishidhar

Jun 30, 2007
i sent in my iPhone for bad battery life, the mac genius said " what they are doing right now is recording the problems and replacing the phones" so that means i shud probably expect a new phone soon.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
they don't send you back a brand new iPhone.. they will send you a refurbished one, probably one of the thousands that have been returned to the Apple store.. I've sent mine in and they sent one back.. but it wasn't a brand new sealed box they sent to me.. the phone was in a little white sleeve.

p.s. the one Apple sent to me still had dead pixels.. so I took that one to the Apple store and exchanged it for a new sealed one..

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Actually, the rental phone was a refurb, and the new one was brand new! They were wrapped totally different. In a 1/4 of the thickness box.