Sent iPhone to Apple

ved9311

May 11, 2008
My iPhone got bricked and i tried to do a restore and that didn't work. So my parents were going to Ohio so i sent my phone with them to give to my uncle who knows how to fix and unlocked iPhones, however he couldn't because the firmware had been messed with or something.. So he sent my iPhone into Apple under his warranty & serial code.. Do you think Apple will check the serial code and make sure it matches correctly?

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Im sure they will expect a call from Apple sometime soon saying you sent the wrong iPhone.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yeah, Apple will catch this for sure.

- John

ved9311

May 11, 2008
Yeah that's what I think, it's all good tho Im gonna have to dish out a 100 bucks then to get it fixed..Which i don't mind. My uncle just decided to try this and see if he could save me the 100 bucks..

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Usually it costs more than $100 to do iPhone repairs, but I hope you're right.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I believe the service fees are different for different models (GB), no?

- John

ved9311

May 11, 2008
I have a 8GB iPhone, However my cousin had the same problem as me and he said he paid $100 to get it fixed, however he is a college student so he can get a student discount if im correct? Also on a good note my other cousin in Ohio is in college so he can get me a college discount to get my phone fixed :D

ved9311

May 11, 2008
Well everything paid off, I'm not sure if they realized the serial code was wrong or my uncle just got someone really nice on the phone and sweet talked them into fixing my phone, he told my father they sent him a brand new iPhone which is probably a refurb tho. But its all good, my other iPhone was junk, had way to many problems. I'm just excited I'm getting my iPhone BACK! It's been like 3 weeks...

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Well everything paid off, I'm not sure if they realized the serial code was wrong or my uncle just got someone really nice on the phone and sweet talked them into fixing my phone, he told my father they sent him a brand new iPhone which is probably a refurb tho. But its all good, my other iPhone was junk, had way to many problems. I'm just excited I'm getting my iPhone BACK! It's been like 3 weeks...
Well, just look in the mail for the 400+ bill from Apple for the replacement iPhone.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Yeah that's what I think, it's all good tho Im gonna have to dish out a 100 bucks then to get it fixed..Which i don't mind. My uncle just decided to try this and see if he could save me the 100 bucks..
Well good for you. I'm glad it worked out.