sent my iPhone in for repair

Aug 1, 2007
How long does it take to come back? And do they give me a new phone or give me my old one? It was giving me problems with going slow, restarting on phone calls, cutting out unexpectedly on calls when it had 5 bars, etc.
Please reply, thanks!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I assume you are referring to a V1 phone, otherwise the 3G would have been replaced on the spot.
I guess depending on what is wrong with the phone it could go either way. You phone may be repaired or you might be given a refurb. If I had to guess, I would say you will get a refurb but don't really know.

Aug 1, 2007
I assume you are referring to a V1 phone, otherwise the 3G would have been replaced on the spot.
I guess depending on what is wrong with the phone it could go either way. You phone may be repaired or you might be given a refurb. If I had to guess, I would say you will get a refurb but don't really know.
it's a v1 phone and it was sent in my fedex from Apple over their 1 day express shipping.

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
Went i sent mine to Apple it was SUPER fast. Sent it on Monday had it back on Wednesday. And they gave me a brand new phone. I think the battery was toast. Not sure why they did'nt just replace the battery, but I'm not complaining.

Aug 1, 2007
Went i sent mine to Apple it was SUPER fast. Sent it on Monday had it back on Wednesday. And they gave me a brand new phone. I think the battery was toast. Not sure why they did'nt just replace the battery, but I'm not complaining.
Hm that's cool. I hope it comes fast I miss my baby already lol! I'm asking cause I had a few dents on the back and it would be nice to get a brand new one =) But edge sucks, oh well.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
it's much faster if you can pop into an Apple store.

today i just got my 4th iPhone and it took less than 15minutes with a previously placed genius bar reservation.

now the restore process... that takes FOREVER

Aug 1, 2007
it's much faster if you can pop into an Apple store.

today i just got my 4th iPhone and it took less than 15minutes with a previously placed genius bar reservation.

now the restore process... that takes FOREVER
Well I am already getting it back tomorrow. Im gonna sell it on craigslist for 250, and buy a 3g. =D