SentPhotos app results in high charges on cellphone bill

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
It's a very nice app that lets you send several pics at the same time by email.
I was checking my AT&T bill online this week-end, and noted that my already high charges (I have unlimited everything) were even higher.
I looked at the details of the transactions and I found out that AT&T had billed me $9.99 for each SentPhotos email!
That does it for me. SentPhotos is toast.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
How can they do that? Definitely call and get a credit, that's ridiculous! I wonder if they do the same for Multi Photo. Going to check my bill...

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Hmmm, I wonder why they would do that? Did you call them?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well, I'm not exactly sure how long I've had it, and I've only used Multi-Photo once so far to test it, but so far I have no extra charges on my AT&T bill. I've paid the exact same amount for almost a year now.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Please update this thread when you do. I have multi-photo email, but was considering sendphotos cause you can choose the resolution. That way I can send smaller pics if I'm sending to someone that is checking email on a phone or larger pics to desktop email addys. I do wonder if it isn't something about the set up. All the negative reviews of the app seem to be about the difficulty of the smtp setup. Did you set it up with the AT&T smtp server?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Well, I'm not exactly sure how long I've had it, and I've only used Multi-Photo once so far to test it, but so far I have no extra charges on my AT&T bill. I've paid the exact same amount for almost a year now.
The latest update of Multi-photo email wasn't released until Jan 26th. I have an iTunes receipt for multi-photo email dated on Jan 22nd, seems like I purchased it the same day it came out, but my iTunes receipts usually come a day or two after a purchase.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Please update this thread when you do. I have multi-photo email, but was considering sendphotos cause you can choose the resolution. That way I can send smaller pics if I'm sending to someone that is checking email on a phone or larger pics to desktop email addys. I do wonder if it isn't something about the set up. All the negative reviews of the app seem to be about the difficulty of the smtp setup. Did you set it up with the AT&T smtp server?
I'm using my mac.com mail. The set-up was automatic (without me having to fool around ;)). All the other servers failed (AOL, earthlink, etc...).

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Lo and behold, I called AT&T and they reversed all the charges. Will give me a full refund with next bill! It was "human error".

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Hmmm... even so, thanks for the heads-up. The onus is always on the customer to be wary of such "human errors", not the company.

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
I Just got my Bill and I looked to see if they're any extra charges from Multi Photo and None at all.

KRAPPS

Bronze
Nov 10, 2008
KRAPPS.com
Lo and behold, I called AT&T and they reversed all the charges. Will give me a full refund with next bill! It was "human error".
Freaking idiots ... yeah, human error which would have sucked for you if you didn't catch it ... they should have offered you a credit of some sort for the inconvenience :mad:

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
Humans are SOOO slow. I can't wait for the day Skynet to create Robots to run things.