Separate FaceTime and iMessage accounts on my devices?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hinezy, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I have and iPhone and two iPads on my same Apple ID and I'd like them to have their own FaceTime and iMessage accounts. Is this possible? Any advice would be great.

Sent using iCafe app

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Under Settings > FaceTime, below where it shows your Apple ID, it says, "You can be reached by Facetime at:" followed by your phone number (this obviously cannot be changed), but you can add any number of e-mail addresses (or create a brand new one specifically for this purpose, if you so desire), and people will be able to reach you for FaceTime on this device at the e-mail address you specify.

Under Settings > Messages > Send & Receive, below where it shows your Apple ID, it says "You can be reached by iMessage at:" followed by your phone number (which, again, cannot be changed for obvious reasons), and below that you can add any number of e-mail addresses (or create a brand new one specifically for this purpose, if you so desire), and people will be able to reach you for iMessage on this device at the e-mail address you specify.

Since you stated you want your iPhone and two iPads (which are all on the same Apple ID), you should specify (or create) a different e-mail address for all of your devices.

Hope this helps!

3. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

Sweet, thanks! That's a big help!

Sent from my iPhone 5

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

No problem, man!