Sept 5th event *Rumors*

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
Just curious what you think of the following supposedly confirmed sept 5th topics:
1. iPhone nano
2. new ipod wifi touchscreen
3. new ipod nano (confirmed photos are out there)
4. iTunes vending machines
5. iPhone ringtones through iTunes (pretty much confirmed)

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
if the ringtones through iTunes goes through it will be interesting to see how and if the update will try to disable custom ringtones with jailbreak and iPhoneinterface, ibrickr or the many other ways to pit ringtones on the iPhone.... I hope Apple doesn't try to make things hard forthr homebrew community.... Like the psp tried to do but if they didn't notice WHERE THERES A WILL THERES A WAY! People will always mod their equipment that's just how it is..... Please appl don't make us find new exploits when the current ones work good

Zman-iPhone

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Just curious what you think of the following supposedly confirmed sept 5th topics:
1. iPhone nano
no NEW iPhone either, that was NEVER confirmed.
I don't f$*king believe it for one minute...

w7ox

Jul 25, 2007
1. iPhone nano
iPhone Nano? Basically that's what the iPhone is now: An iPod with 8 GB of non-HDD memory -- with other things (like a phone, video, etc.) added.

What else would an iPhone Nano be -- too tiny to see videos?

Phil

w7ox

Jul 25, 2007
if the ringtones through iTunes goes through it will be interesting to see how and if the update will try to disable custom ringtones with jailbreak and iPhoneinterface, ibrickr or the many other ways to pit ringtones on the iPhone.... I hope Apple doesn't try to make things hard forthr homebrew community.... Like the psp tried to do but if they didn't notice WHERE THERES A WILL THERES A WAY! People will always mod their equipment that's just how it is..... Please appl don't make us find new exploits when the current ones work good
Of course they will make it hard for the home-brew community. Eventually they will support development, but they want control -- and for good reason (fewer service issues, etc.).

Phil

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I'm not really sure what to believe since there are so many rumors. I'd like to see iTunes on the iPhone and AppleTV (previewing and buying songs and videos directly). Couple that with a wifi iPod and it's a pretty sweet package. And since we're doing that, let us sync our iPhones over wifi. I'd also like to see a substantial iPhone update with those ringtones. ;)

brianlamar

Bronze
Aug 6, 2007
I just want unlimited storage for SMS messages without the phone saying my box is full when I have a helluva lot of space for them.

Possibly to use the extra space as a hard drive like the current ipods.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
I don't care much about the new ipod (already happy with my iPhone zune combo), but I'm excited to see what they will be adding to the iPhone. I could see the possiblity of there being just a huge iPhone update tomorrow even though there have been no rumors suggesting that.

10 am pst, set your iPhone alarms.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I don't care much about the new ipod (already happy with my iPhone zune combo), but I'm excited to see what they will be adding to the iPhone. I could see the possiblity of there being just a huge iPhone update tomorrow even though there have been no rumors suggesting that.

Can we even watch it? Is it on TV?

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007

The time. That's all I needed to know. Thanks. Can't wait to see what happens!

So here's to this site being filled with excitement and joy tomorrow rather than a total blowout ***** fest! LoL =P

Cheers!

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
1. iPhone nano
Is confirmed rumor an oxymoron?