September release?

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
I thought it was already known that the iPhone 5/ 4S is coming out in Sept. but after searching this site I guess it's still only rumored.

Anyhow, here's the latest article I found on the issue http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technol...eptember-iphone-5-release-date-183353844.html

Today, The Wall Street Journal independently confirmed reports that the next generation iPhone will be on the way in the third quarter of this year. According to sources close to the supply line, Apple's next iPhone is expected to trim down the famously svelte iPhone 4, making it both lighter and thinner than the current model. While plenty of other technology outlets had published similar details previously, the credible new report solidifies what we can expect from Apple's next generation smartphone.
While we still don't know if the device will be named the iPhone 5 or the iPhone 4S, such significant improvements point to the former, which would make it an entirely new model, unlike the upgrade from iPhone 3G to the iPhone 3GS.
The report also suggests that the next iPhone will have a camera upgraded to 8 megapixels, a resolution boost up from the iPhone 4's 5-megapixel sensor and a confirmation of an earlier rumor from Bloomberg. Bloomberg's sources also suggested that the smartphone will sport the same powerful A5 processor as the iPad, which would yield a significant a speed boost for the device.
Yesterday serial Apple secret-leaker DigiTimes suggested that Pegatron, a Taiwanese component manufacturer, will ready 15 million of Apple's elusive next-generation phones for a September launch. According to The Wall Street Journal's new information, Apple intends to move 25 million units of its new iPhone by the year's end.
Since Apple remained mum on the next iPhone during its big June event, evidence continues to pile up indicating that the company's next hot gadget will be hitting stores this fall.
(Source)

Jul 18, 2011
It's inevitable it's coming.. Not if, just when now. I'm hoping for one more big feature other than whats been rumors (different shape, processor).

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It's inevitable it's coming.. Not if, just when now. I'm hoping for one more big feature other than whats been rumors (different shape, processor).
Please remove the link from your signature. Announce apps only in one of two forums. As per our Developer App Promotion and Promo Code Policy:

"Where can I promote my app?

If you are promoting an iPhone app or game, please use iPhone Apps and Games. If you are promoting and iPad app or game, please use iPad Apps and Games."

Thanks.

M

Manoso

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Sweet! Can't wait to get the iPhone 5.

I almost got screwed this weekend. Someone stole my iPhone 4 and wallet at a party and luckily he turned the phone on for a little bit and I was able to track it down with the "track my iPhone" app. I went to his door and knocked and him and the father claimed to not have my phone. I told them I was calling the cops and he came out fast with the phone but no wallet. I called the cops and the cop searched his room and found my wallet. He got arrested :)

Without that app I would have never got my phone back and I would have either bought another iPhone 4 under contract or been without the iPhone until September

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Sweet! Can't wait to get the iPhone 5.

I almost got screwed this weekend. Someone stole my iPhone 4 and wallet at a party and luckily he turned the phone on for a little bit and I was able to track it down with the "track my iPhone" app. I went to his door and knocked and him and the father claimed to not have my phone. I told them I was calling the cops and he came out fast with the phone but no wallet. I called the cops and the cop searched his room and found my wallet. He got arrested :)

Without that app I would have never got my phone back and I would have either bought another iPhone 4 under contract or been without the iPhone until September
Glad you got your phone and your wallet back. Crummy stupid people do crummy stupid things.

I'm so glad you got your stuff back. Good end to an all too familiar story. The boy got what was coming to him. Hopefully he never does anyting like that again. Hopefully daddy won't let him after what it'll cost him now to get his son out of jail.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
The kid had to be around 26 or 27, still living at home with his parents. No car, just going from party to party stealing stuff I guess. Low life loser

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
sept 20th is the day!
Hey, Arcangel2176, why do you think it'll be released on a Tuesday? Historically, hasn't Apple released the phones on Thursday or Friday? the first iPhone I wouldn't know when that was released. I didn't buy it. I got on board with the 3G, then the 3GS and now the iPhone 4.

I remember I purchased my iPhone 4 on June 25th, 2010, that was a Friday and the day after the initial release date. The other dates are a blur, but I believe they were released on Fridays as well. I'd have to check my receipts. But your guess of Tuesday is interesting.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
iPhone 4 - Wednesday for most of those who preordered with free delivery (including me :)). Thursday for everyone else.
3GS - Friday
3G - Friday
2G - Friday

It could just as easily be a Tuesday this year.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
iPhone 4 - Wednesday for most of those who preordered online (including me :)). Thursday for everyone else.
3GS - Friday. Thursday for a lucky few who preordered ordered online.
3G - Friday
2G - Friday

It could just as easily be a Tuesday this year.
Whatever day Apple releases the new iPhone is fine with me, I plan on taking another stab at ordering it this go around.

I'm hoping that I will be able to get through the system to pre-order for my husband and myself. Last year I had no luck, so I went to the Flagship iPhone store on 5th Ave to purchase the phone. I got there at 6 am and out at 8:30 with my iPhone 4. It was fun. I met some nice people and a cute dog.

I do like the trips, but this year, I would rather the new iPhone be delivered to our home.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Oh yeah, I almost forgot how painful preordering the iPhone 4 was last year! I spent hours trying to get though. I think they opened it up at about 0100 am MST. I was at work and tried to get though whenever I had a few minutes to spare. It never went through. I got off work at 0630 and sat at my computer at home for more than four hours attempting to order through AT&T and Apple and having it time out. I finally got through on Apple's site around 11:00. They sold out of release day deliveries (which was actually one day early) in the early evening.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Oh yeah, I almost forgot how painful preordering the iPhone 4 was last year! I spent hours trying to get though. I think they opened it up at about 0100 am MST. I was at work and tried to get though whenever I had a few minutes to spare. It never went through. I got off work at 0630 and sat at my computer at home for more than four hours attempting to order through AT&T and Apple and having it time out. I finally got through on Apple's site around 11:00. They sold out of release day deliveries (which was actually one day early) in the early evening.
Yeah, it was very painful. I tried and tried and then tried again at work and then again when I got home, but it did not happen. It was a sad day, but alas, I only live minutes away from the 5th Ae store so I went there and it worked out.

IDK how it will be this year, I can only hope for the best. Maybe this year Apple will have more servers or something. Whatever they need to make it easier, will be fine by me.

I am so excited, especially because my hubby has the 3GS and NEEDS the new iPhone badly. I think in a few weeks time he's going to short out his 3GS. The poor thing is acting weird.

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
the easiest thing for me was going into bestbuy the first am and walking out with my phone. Also @ sharunda my guy at best buy says this is the day thats floating around right now if i get anything concrete I will let you know

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Sharunda, yeah, hopefully they learned from it and add more servers so it goes better this year. It was really easy with the 3GS, but not as many people preordered that model. What's type of problems is the 3GS having? Has your husband tried restoring it yet?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
the easiest thing for me was going into bestbuy the first am and walking out with my phone. Also @ sharunda my guy at best buy says this is the day thats floating around right now if i get anything concrete I will let you know
Cool! Nice way to get your iPhone. Walk in to Best Buy and walk out probably no lines, no congestion and no wonderment. When I was waiting @ the 5th Ave store, there were peole who would just stand there to stare at the crowd. It was stupid.

Thanks for the heads up from your Best buy Guy. Yeah, let me know if there's anything concrete.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Sharunda, yeah, hopefully they learned from it and add more servers so it goes better this year. It was really easy with the 3GS, but not as many people preordered that model. What's type of problems is the 3GS having? Has your husband tried restoring it yet?
Thanks for asking about the problems with his phone. I narrowed it down to his multi tasking and rebooting. He NEVER uses his multi tasking feature, so it was FULL! When I say FULL I MEAN FULL! I told him about the feature and even showed it to him when it was new, he never bothered with it.

The other thing was him NEVER rebooting his phone to give it a friggin break. He WOULD NEVER DO IT! So I got hold of his phone one Saturday morning and sat him down and showed him the multi tasking bar and showed him how full it was. I closed some of those open games he had and he did the rest. Then I made him reboot his phone. He cut it off for about ten minutes and then cut it back on. MAGICALLY his problems, were GONE!

WOW, who woulda guessed it!?

He is now more diligent in keeping his multi tasking bar as empty as he can and he reboots his phone if not every day at least every other day. These two simple things have made a BIG DIFFERENCE. However, he can use a new iPhone.

Also he had a lot of videos he took on the phone and pictures. Many videos he forgot about and had backed up already. He also cleared those off.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Having a bunch of apps in the multitasking bar generally isn't a problem because they aren't really running, they are just in a frozen state. However, rebooting can have a significant effect on how the phone runs. I try to reboot daily. It only takes a minute so once you get used to it, it's not a hassle at all and it really helps to keep it running optimally.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Having a bunch of apps in the multitasking bar generally isn't a problem because they aren't really running, they are just in a frozen state. However, rebooting can have a significant effect on how the phone runs. I try to reboot daily. It only takes a minute so once you get used to it, it's not a hassle at all and it really helps to keep it running optimally.
Yes, I was told that the multitasking apps open are really not running as you said, but you should have seen the pages of these dag on apps. It was amazing to say the least.

The rebooting is the key. I believe that was what did it.

A lot of the problems with the phone come from never rebooting. I know the phone is exciting and we rely on it a lot, but a reboot a day can go a long way. And it doesn't take that long to do.

He's used to it now since he knows that rebooting will help his phone run more smoothly.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
On a side note, rebooting daily makes a tremendous difference in the quality of Bluetooth audio headsets. When the audio you send out to other people starts sounding muffled or when they can't hear you at all because you walked a few feet away from the phone, put the phone in your pocket, or it starts spontaneously disconnecting and reconnecting, rebooting makes a night and day difference. Resetting all settings monthly also helps with Bluetooth performance. I'm not sure why the Bluetooth profiles are so horrible on the iPhone 4, but it requires a lot of maintenance to keep it working acceptably. The range and quality was fine on 3.x on the 3GS. Hopefully, this is fixed on the iPhone 5.