Serious enquiry: any VITAL 3rd party Apps lost?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
This is a sincere question for people who still have 3rd part applications on their phones, or did have before the 1.1.1 upgrade...
Can you list up to three of those applications that you felt were either totally indispensable to you, or useful and of such professional quality that you would have gladly paid market rates for them to be added?

(Personally, I'm happy and satisfied with my stock iPhone but I'd like to know if I really have missed out on anything vital, now that this recent update has waylaid the hackers.)

Sep 29, 2007
I just got an iPhone about a month ago, and only modded it a week ago, then I stupidly upgraded to 1.1.1. But for the time I HAD 3rd party apps these are the ones I used most.

Chat (IM)
NES
Customize (my iPhone is so boring now)

Pretty much if Apple just added a chat program I would probably just stay stock but the other apps I loved too

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Halo 3... Just kidding..
Still love SummerBoard and the new themes (Neon, etc)
New updates on Customize (NFL Image Sets, etc.)
Apollo 1.0
iSplit

Okay, that's four:confused:

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
BamBam... you're gonna have to use this stuff to decide. Some people love them, some people could totally live without them...

Although the point isn't the apps themselves. It's the option.

With 1.0.2 you have the option to install them. You're free to exercise this option whenever you want. 1.1.1 doesn't exclude all current apps, it excludes all future ones as well.

I'm being pessimistic about 1.1.1 jailbreak, of course.

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX
i genuinely enjoyed all of my 3rd party applications and also really enjoyed modifying my phone. this specifically came from the fact that it gave me something to do. i'm in college and study most of the time, so at night, when i go home and get bored (it happens to college kids more than you think! we DO get bored) it was fun to pcik up my phone and play NES or check for updates. HOWEVER, now that i've upgraded i am STILL content with my stock phone.

though i feel that breaking 3rd party apps is unfair, i mostly applied them to my phone for the sheer sake of SEEING if i was able to do it. i always enjoy breaking into things and changing it up, just to see if i can. now that i know i can, im ok with NOT doing it. however, i cant say that i wouldn't, because again...its A LOT of fun.

but as for three apps that were absolutely indispensable:

NES
Summerboard
mobilefinder.

Last edited by a moderator: