Serious Problems on the eiC Safari Mobile Template

Discussion in 'Feedback and Site Help' started by Europa, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The keyboard locks up when I'm using eiC on Mobile Safari at least once a day. It sometimes happens constantly. The entire screen becomes unresponsive. I have to use the home button to launch task switcher and quit Safari or just wait for Safari to crash. It's happened since 8.0, but it's getting worse.

Also, avatars are screwed up. I have Hippo's. Kadelic has an emoji face. Kadelic is in the emoji list. Kadelic is in the middle of a lot of Rafagon's posts.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems? PLEASE, only reply if you are using mobile Safari. These problems don't occur on computers or the app.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I saw it once last week. @Lon had @iphonewarrior's avatar. Scared the hell outta me. No problems since. No lockups, either.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Any problems on other sites, or is it eiC specific?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Folks, please read the original post. The issue concerns this site specifically while using mobile Safari. She only wants input from people who use mobile Safari. Thanks..

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I'd love to hear if anyone else is experiencing this problem. Specifics are great as I'd like to get this resolved ASAP.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No problems on other sites or in any other apps. It's eiC and mobile Safari-specific for me.

It's frustrating because I have to retype my posts a lot. It doesn't always save it as a draft when it locks up and crashes.

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

• Is it specific to Safari?
    • Does it only happen while editing/composing a post?

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I guess Benny confirmed that the avatar problem is on the app, too. I haven't tested the app yet.

9. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

can't say I've experienced any of those issues. Don't come here a LOT on my phone, but often enough.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I haven't tested any other mobile browsers.

It locks up when typing or backspacing.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm going to have to test mobile Chrome as the lookups have gotten much worse lately and happen several times a day. I was going to restore to factory settings as well, but wanted to find out if anyone else is having these problems first.

You have rom x's bitcoin avatar.
    image.jpg

12. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Know that I'm committed to getting this fixed. It's really bugging me know that I haven't been able to resolve it.

13. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've seen the avatar issue before. It's been a while though. It was on the eiC app. Someone else had my avatar, and I thought it was intentional to be funny. But then I saw it again with someone else. That was several months ago. I've been using Tapatalk a good hit lately, and haven't seen any avatar issues with it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The avatar problem really isn't a big deal to me, though it is odd. The lockups on the other hand are driving me crazy. I never know if I'm about to lose everything I just typed and have to start over. I'm not sure if it's eiC or iOS, but I'm going to restore to factory settings tomorrow to rule that out. Thanks for all your help with this, @chris.

15. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I've experienced these lockups when I'm in the middle of composing a post and the site would just freeze. I have to copy and paste what I wrote and start a new post. It's actually frustrating and I thought it was an issue with mobile Safari so I went back to using the app. The app also suffers from lockups. As an example, I was starting a new topic and the app just crashed in the middle of typing it out. I didn't have time to save anything and so I had to start over. As a side note, I've had more issues on the mobile Safari and app side since the last forum upgrade.

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

My screen completely freezes. I am unable to copy the text I had written. The only things I can do are repeatedly tap the unresponsive screen until Safari crashes or use the home button to activate the task switcher and force quit Safari. Sometimes a draft of what I had written was saved. Other times I have to completely rewrite my post. Is this what happens to you or are you able to copy your text? Maybe you meant copy it down on paper.

I have never had it happen on another forum. Have you?

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I just reset all settings on my phone and the avatars are correct now.

Some other things I should mention are that I don't have any third party keyboard apps installed and I have cleared my cache in mobile Safari several times over the past week, but I still experienced the problems with avatars and frequent lockups while typing on eIC.

18. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I think it might be because you've got an iPhone 6. Clearly, these problems would happen on the iPhone 6 Plus.*

*Bringing levity to a stressful situation.

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Wanna try that again or is that a bug, too? :D

20. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Yeah. That is what happens and I force quit Safari. I've only encountered this on the eIC forum.