Seriously AT&T/Apple

crupp

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Atlanta
I went into one of the local AT&T stores to inquire about the status of the store receiving more iPhones and was told that all DF orders will be filled before the store gets stock to sell from. The MANAGER also told me it could be up to 21 days! So they are saying they are not going to sell out of store stock for up to 3 weeks. On what level does that make sense?

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
Guess it means that if you waited in line and got on the DF list, you wouldn't want to see someone walk in off the street and get an iPhone before you.

crupp

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Atlanta
Guess it means that if you waited in line and got on the DF list, you wouldn't want to see someone walk in off the street and get an iPhone before you.
I don't think that is waying to heavily :laugh2:

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
I went into one of the local AT&T stores to inquire about the status of the store receiving more iPhones and was told that all DF orders will be filled before the store gets stock to sell from. The MANAGER also told me it could be up to 21 days! So they are saying they are not going to sell out of store stock for up to 3 weeks. On what level does that make sense?
I'm actually pleased to hear that AT&T is following through with this. I was in line on the 11th and watched other, very disappointed people who also waited in line (though didn't get there quite as early as I did) walk away without phones. They were being given the same story, that no one was going to get a phone before them, that DF was the fastest way to get a phone (other than trying a different location).

I was really disappointed to see evidence to the contrary posted here (phones in stock to be sold tomorrow but for today only DF was available, come back tomorrow and try again). That seemed like a scam to move more phones and it felt very unethical.

I think that if you waited on Friday, you deserve to get your phone before someone who did not.

crupp

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Atlanta
I'm actually pleased to hear that AT&T is following through with this. I was in line on the 11th and watched other, very disappointed people who also waited in line (though didn't get there quite as early as I did) walk away without phones. They were being given the same story, that no one was going to get a phone before them, that DF was the fastest way to get a phone (other than trying a different location).

I was really disappointed to see evidence to the contrary posted here (phones in stock to be sold tomorrow but for today only DF was available, come back tomorrow and try again). That seemed like a scam to move more phones and it felt very unethical.

I think that if you waited on Friday, you deserve to get your phone before someone who did not.
All true and very valid. But still not a great businesss decision. When the Apple stores still have lines and are selling phones like hotcakes. How many sales are they missing out on.