Server Move

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
For those of you enjoying my increasing grey hair, we're doing the same optimizations that caused the site to go down yesterday afternoon. Hang on to your hats.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
This probably has nothing to do with the server move since I've noticed it before many times.

Sometimes when you click the "go to first unread post" icon XenForo jumps around and brings you to a post way up on the list. I've noticed this in this thread the last two days. Always wants to go to the photos that were posted in the first post.

Is this a known bug Chris?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
This probably has nothing to do with the server move since I've noticed it before many times.

Sometimes when you click the "go to first unread post" icon XenForo jumps around and brings you to a post way up on the list. I've noticed this in this thread the last two days. Always wants to go to the photos that were posted in the first post.

I'll circle back to this next week and clarify. Still working on server issues --

I'm a glutton for punishment or I feel the need, the need for speed. Just turned on caching. This is what crashed us yesterday. Fast it is...

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
As promised, search is back to being flat out awesome.
Thank you very much!

Incidentally, that seems to have taken care of the "My Content" issue I had mentioned. Instead of the odd results I was getting (most recent 2 days, then 11-month hole, then posts from January), I now see every single post, 10 pages at a time.

At the bottom of the last result on page 10, I see "Find older messages," which takes me back in time to the previous set of posts.

Reactions: chris

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I asked a guy who did work on the search feature about further optimization. I believe the word he used in his response was 'overkill'.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Just initiated a few major tweaks. Page load time for non-members averages around 2.05 seconds. That's significantly faster for members, since we remove all of the ad code for a significantly faster load time.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Chris, can you check into this issue.

I find problems going to the last read post in this thread Element Silver Sector 5 Pix or others with a lot of linked pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I'm using Safari. I click on the icon to go to first unread post and the software jumps around in the thread and usually ends up stopping at one of the linked photos. Although just now it worked properly in that same thread? Been noticing it for months though. Nothing to do with the server move at all. More an XF thing I think. Maybe it's just me.