service down the drain?

apple718

Bronze
May 27, 2009
ever since i got the 3.0 on my iPhone 3g i keep getting dropped calls. sms not always going through call failed...what the heck? anyone ?

apple718

Bronze
May 27, 2009
att cant do S$(* as always so i am thinking of going to exchange my phone.....

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Used to have excellent coverage until 3.0. Now I can have full bars and a 3G signal and still have no connection. I can also go from working full bars with 3G to edge in a blink. And when I do have 3G, there is no guarantee I will have it the next time I go to use it.This can be just minutes later. Still not sure if it is the radios being overclocked(is that the right term?) or on ATT's end.

apple718

Bronze
May 27, 2009
Used to have excellent coverage until 3.0. Now I can have full bars and a 3G signal and still have no connection. I can also go from working full bars with 3G to edge in a blink. And when I do have 3G, there is no guarantee I will have it the next time I go to use it.This can be just minutes later. Still not sure if it is the radios being overclocked(is that the right term?) or on ATT's end.
yup same thing....what shall we do>>?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
yup same thing....what shall we do>>?
I guess at this point, I am going to see if the update helps. Some seem to think it is a 3.0 issue. If that doesn't help, I may have to consider a restore. After that I will probably go to the trunk of my car, load myself down with AK-47's, and visit every ATT cell tower I can find.:eek:k:eek:k

apple718

Bronze
May 27, 2009
lolllll good idea.....when is the update coming out?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I guess at this point, I am going to see if the update helps. Some seem to think it is a 3.0 issue. If that doesn't help, I may have to consider a restore. After that I will probably go to the trunk of my car, load myself down with AK-47's, and visit every ATT cell tower I can find.:eek:k:eek:k
Just don't shoot any of the ones I might use...

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Just don't shoot any of the ones I might use...
Yeah, I believe you are getting good signal. I have been with ATT for years and always defended them. But the last 6 weeks or so have been hell. Dropped calls aren't a problem, but connection is. I am hoping I can eat my words and it is a 3.0 thing or ATT is in the process of an upgrade in my area.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Just for your information the cell towers are used by all the carriers. The problem is Sprint has all those crappy wanabe phones and the Pre is sloooooow so it takes so long to download info into those door stop phones. If they shut off their phones for an hour you would see the difference.

I am not a hater.......just a lover