Setting iPhone up with multiple computers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Apr 9, 2007
Ok first post so thanks in advance for your answers. I get it later and have several applications I would like to use. I have my address book ( outlook) in a XP laptop and have a new imac at home I would like to use for i tunes and maybe some other apps. Can I set it up to link with several computers or do I have to decide on and keep it to just one ? Thanks Peter

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
You can sync several computers to the iPhone, provided that copywritten material (music, movies, etc) are sourced from only one computer.

I use my work PC to sync my Outlook calendar to the iPhone, and I sync everything on the iPhone with my Mac. iTunes/iPhone can merge data from multiple sources, and if the records are identical they won't be duplicated endlessly during every sync.

Jul 21, 2007
Ok first post so thanks in advance for your answers. I get it later and have several applications I would like to use. I have my address book ( outlook) in a XP laptop and have a new imac at home I would like to use for i tunes and maybe some other apps. Can I set it up to link with several computers or do I have to decide on and keep it to just one ? Thanks Peter
Peter, the only way I can see this working is if you use an external drive for your iTunes library. Even with that, as one computer is Windows-based while the other is a Mac, it may not work anyway.

HawaiiMacAddict