Setting the number of rings

dwoog

Feb 28, 2008
Is there any way to change the number of times my iPhone rings before a call goes to voicemail?

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
i think that it just defaults to play a "sound" or ringtone for at least 30 seconds. I had a ringtone that on iTunes was only 15 seconds long that went "ringring ringring", but when i get a call it is "ringring ringring ringring ringring".

Sorry for the bad example. Hope this helps.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I believe that's done through your voicemail settings. I'm a little foggy as to how it works properly these days, but I used to get there by calling my own number then dialing * and my voicemail password as soon as the voicemail picked up. I just tried that now and it's a little flaky, but it got me to the main menu. I'm not going through all the options right now, but I'm pretty sure what you want is in there.

dwoog

Feb 28, 2008
THANKS to all -- who knew it was so complicated?!

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
THANKS to all -- who knew it was so complicated?!
WAIT! STOP! This may mes up your iPhones voicemail! It works on some GSM phones but it looks like it will misdirect your call to some answering service. I just found out the hard way.

I'm going to delete my previous posts.

I greatly apologize to anybody who's voicemail this messed up.:oops:

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Like Dave said it's done through voice mail settings on the AT&T end. I, also, don't remember the steps but I've done it in the past.