Setting up iPhone to receive e-mail from a secure Outlook work account

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bberg23, Jul 25, 2007.

1. bberg23

bberg23 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I don't yet have an iPhone but one thing that will definitely help my buying decision is whether or not I can access my Outlook work e-mail on the phone.

Has anyone setup their iPhone to receive e-mail from their Outlook account at work?

If someone can share their experiences with me and how to do it, that would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    -Brandon

2. iJohn

iJohn New Member
    Bronze

From what I've heard, Apple in cooperate with IT departments at some corporations have allowed people to buy the iPhone and have IT set it up on their servers.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. rasputinj

rasputinj New Member
    Bronze

Right now it works if your company will allow IMAP connection to exchange (most will not). I would believe (hope) down the road they will at least have an XpressMail type software and/or active sync to Exchange.

That is the only thing I miss is my outlook email.

5. Liberation

Liberation New Member

Not sure exactly how an IMAP connection compares but if your Outlook is setup using a POP server connection...it'll work. My Outlook connects that way to a server at a remote location and I get all of my work Outlook email's and my Gmail.

6. 3g iphone user

3g iphone user New Member

any movement on this ? my work email is from a secure lcoation - hot can i get work email on my phone ?

7. wrhutch

wrhutch Member
    Bronze

Exchange email and calander works great for me. The only issue that I have is that I have to use VPN when not on the company WiFi.

8. darryl_myette

darryl_myette New Member

I am trying to get my work email setup through Outlook and my company uses a POP server connection as well. Whenever i try and set it up i keep getting an error "SMTP account verification failed - not responding". I have all my information in correctly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

9. blotto

blotto New Member

I have my work exchange set up on my iPhone and it works flawlessly. I used the info in this thread for help on setting it up.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014