Setting up my old phone as my moms?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fsas06, Sep 19, 2014.

1. fsas06

fsas06 Member
    Silver

so i just got my i6, and my mom wants to take my 5. i restored my old phone from her backup but it still has no service, it has my old sim cars in it, an the sim from her 4 wont fit. can i set the 5 up as her phone and get service in itunes? or do we have to call att?

2. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

You gotta get a new SIM card with her number. If you stop by AT&T and get in line with all the people wanting a new phone today, you should be outta there in a few hours. :)

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can cut her micro sim down to nano sim size. I've done it and it's really easy. There are a bunch of YouTube video tutorials. Otherwise, go to your carrier and get a new sim. They will probably give it to her for free.

4. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I got in no waiting for sim switch

5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

We thought we switch sims from 5s to 6 and it send a notification not all services are available on that sim. Hotspot was on and FaceTime too.?

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, you only have to wait in line if you want an iPhone. Otherwise, you can just walk in and get what you need.
    Hotspot and FaceTime aren't working with the new SIM?

7. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

They are working we switched Sims but at&t send a message. To get a New SIM. That never happened before.

8. fsas06

fsas06 Member
    Silver

i went into att and told them i just needed a new sim card for a 5, they asked what number it was for, and that was that. only waited maybe 20. the store wasn't THAT busy.