Settings App not opening

paintdude258

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
So yesterday i tried to open my settings app, and the program opens, but then nothing shows up, settings that is. So i restarted my phone and it opened once, then the next time i tried to open settings, it didn't show up again. So i restored my phone, which i have done now twice, and it still happens. Any ideas?

Also ive noticed that the little internet loading status wheel that appears on the top right part of the screen right beside the 3G symbol gets stuck, and dosent rotate all the time. Weird

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Are you/Have you attempted any type of jailbreak on this phone? If not, then it sounds like one of two things:
1) bad SIM card. Take it back to the carrier store for a new one.
2) defective phone. If you just got it 3 weeks ago, and assuming it was new, then you are under warranty and you need to take it in to Apple for a replacement. in Fact, I would suggest seeing about getting the 3Gs, since it's only been 3 weeks.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Are you/Have you attempted any type of jailbreak on this phone? If not, then it sounds like one of two things:
1) bad SIM card. Take it back to the carrier store for a new one.
2) defective phone. If you just got it 3 weeks ago, and assuming it was new, then you are under warranty and you need to take it in to Apple for a replacement. in Fact, I would suggest seeing about getting the 3Gs, since it's only been 3 weeks.
Agreed, it sounds more like a hardware problem than anything else.

Unless you've jailbroken and done something you shouldn't :(

paintdude258

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
haven't jailbroken, and this phone was bought on launch daY! To Apple i go! Thanks for the input guys

Phxblue

Bronze
Apr 13, 2008
The Valley, AZ
I wish something would legitimately stop working on mine so I could have a reason to replace it. My screen isn't flush with the bezel, its very very minimal but I am very very anal and it is really messing with my head.