Settings crashes in mail/calendar/contacts

Jul 14, 2008
"Settings" menu/app crashes in mail/calendar/contacts sub-menu

When I scroll to the bottom of the mail contacts and calendar submenu in "Settings", the settings menu freezes, then closes and returns to the home screen. I don't know if I had this issue before the 2.1 update as I never tried it before.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Any suggestions as to how to correct this?

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Have you tried a soft restore/ re-boot just to help it out a bit. I find it works wonders when my phone loses it's way. As a matter of fact I make it habit once every couple of days.

Jul 14, 2008
Have you tried a soft restore/ re-boot just to help it out a bit. I find it works wonders when my phone loses it's way. As a matter of fact I make it habit once every couple of days.
Not sure what a soft restore is, but I tried the re-boot (holding the home and sleep buttons until the iPhone shuts down and reboots with the Apple logo) and no joy...

Jul 14, 2008
If it continues to act up you may have to buckle down and do a full restore.

For those interested in the resolution of this stupid problem, the full restore did NOTHING!

But the troubleshooting process with Apple tech support revealed another related issue, Date/Time would also crash Settings and dump me out to the Home Screen. This enabled me to to search this forum (and others) differently leading to the resolution:

Somehow my Region Format setting (under "International" in the main settings menu) was changed to "English". Once I changed it to United States all was right with the settings menu (no more freezing/dumping out to the Home screen) and the changes I made to my calendar format in Outlook/Exchange (on my PC) were carried over to my iPhone.

s8n666

Bronze
Oct 3, 2008
hey ok brucefan. Thanks for the tip, that solved my problem!

L.I. Bruce Fan

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
Very interesting, thanks for the resolution.
I'm happy to have helped. Someone else on this board had this problem right after updating to 2.1, he posted a lot about the problem, but never posted about the resolution.

I'm just glad to be able to contribute something back to the forum.:)