Setup iTunes for multiple accounts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

neon0107

Dec 19, 2007
Round Rock TX
Hi all, I have an idea and wanted to run it by for some opions. Sometimes my "thinking out loud" is not always a good solution. ;)

We have 3 computers (windows :mad:, for now) and 1 ipod and after Christmas, will be up to 2 iPhones. We have one iTunes account that we all share. not a big deal, but I want to set this up so each person could use their own PC with there own iTunes running, but pulling from one central library. Because we have separate accounts on the pc, when my wife logs in, there is nothing in her iTunes, and I am thinking I will need this for her iPhone so when she synchs, she will synch just her contacts and not mine, and vice a versa. I am thinking about putting a buffalo link Station on my network, and just telling iTunes to put all music there. This way we can use one music library, but each have our own iTunes synching with our own Calendars, and Contacts when the iPhones synch, because of having different profiles on the pc, or being on a differnt pc all together.

Does this make sense? Am I missing something that could cause this setup, to not work?

Thanks in advance

Happy Holidays

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hi all, I have an idea and wanted to run it by for some opions. Sometimes my "thinking out loud" is not always a good solution. ;)

We have 3 computers (windows :mad:, for now) and 1 ipod and after Christmas, will be up to 2 iPhones. We have one iTunes account that we all share. not a big deal, but I want to set this up so each person could use their own PC with there own iTunes running, but pulling from one central library. Because we have separate accounts on the pc, when my wife logs in, there is nothing in her iTunes, and I am thinking I will need this for her iPhone so when she synchs, she will synch just her contacts and not mine, and vice a versa. I am thinking about putting a buffalo link Station on my network, and just telling iTunes to put all music there. This way we can use one music library, but each have our own iTunes synching with our own Calendars, and Contacts when the iPhones synch, because of having different profiles on the pc, or being on a differnt pc all together.

Does this make sense? Am I missing something that could cause this setup, to not work?

Thanks in advance

Happy Holidays

Are you each purchasing music and movies from separate accounts. If so iTunes will not let you share, not sure though.

Otherwise you could just import the songs to a special playlist that each could have access to.

neon0107

Dec 19, 2007
Round Rock TX
Are you each purchasing music and movies from separate accounts. If so iTunes will not let you share, not sure though.

Otherwise you could just import the songs to a special playlist that each could have access to.
We use just one iTunes account for all of us. Problem is, we all use different pc's and are tired of having to use one main pc to do all iTunes purchasing and synching. Plus, once I add the second iPhone, i want to synch just my contacts on my phone and my wifes contacts with her phone. We each have are own pc.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
We use just one iTunes account for all of us. Problem is, we all use different pc's and are tired of having to use one main pc to do all iTunes purchasing and synching. Plus, once I add the second iPhone, i want to synch just my contacts on my phone and my wifes contacts with her phone. We each have are own pc.
If you have one iTunes account then your purchases can be used by all.

Now then each phone and ipod will have their own ID so which ever machine you use will know exactly which phone is for which person. Also you are allowed up to 5 machines for a single account, just remember to de-activate any machines you quit using.