Several issues with my 3GS

Trevowski

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Oklahoma
www.splatterpb.com
1. Something is loose internally, causing a rattle while on vibrate, and when tapped on the back.

2. distorted audio, mostly text tones

3. Back light issues when waking phone.

4. With firm pressure, the screen moves at the top of the phone.

any of these issues make me eligible for a new phone?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
They all sound like they'd make you eligible - especially 1 & 4.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
If there is an Apple Store near you, I would go ASAP. Sounds like you should have no problem getting a replacement provided there are no signs of abuse. Not saying you have abused your phone, just that it will negate a possibility of a replacement.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Ok just want to make sure. It's about an hour drive, and I'd hate to get there just to come home with the same problem
If that turns out to be the case, you could always call (800) MY-APPLE and get a replacement through the mail...

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Ok just want to make sure. It's about an hour drive, and I'd hate to get there just to come home with the same problem
Call and make an appointment at the Genius Bar first. Don't just walk in, you may not get anywhere that way.

Trevowski

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Oklahoma
www.splatterpb.com
i went in to get my iPhone replaced, due to this rattle and a non flush screen.

he handed me a new phone, with a perfect screen. But it still rattles. not as bad as the first one, but its definitely there. I told the genius that this one had the same problem, his response was " its a brand new phone, they are going to make them how they make them. don't be so picky"

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
My first 3Gs would not always charge and would display this screen...
IMG_0002.jpg

Also it turned off out of knowhere a couple of times and would not power on unless I left it on the charger for several hours. Lukily they switched it out for me the other day at the Apple store. Kinda ruined the exitement of having the new 3Gs though.