Shame on me

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I purchased a 16GB iPhone for no good reason and a Mac Book AIR for no good reason. I'm not filthy rich, but nobody will suffer from any of this, except my retirement fund. I do not plan to retire. I wanted to practice medicine when I was 8 and never changed my mind. It is the only life I've known and cared for. I will retire when my health forces me to. I have good genes. My grandMa died at 97 because she had no access to medical care. I hope I can live almost that
long and be useful to the end. If I go downhill, I pray to human beings to take care of me promptly, even though I'm an atheist. I pray they get an automatic riffle and end it for me. Nobody should suffer a lengthy death unless they really want too. My end should be my choice,

Meanwhile, I want to experience as much as I can. There is no doing it over.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Whoo! That is one setup.:eek: You must be exited. It's not like you just threw the money away, you will have a pretty current laptop for a couple years at least and your old 8gb iPhone has pretty good resale value if you want to recoup a little.

akilgore23

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
Albuquerque NM
"I purchased a 16GB iPhone for no good reason and a Mac Book AIR for no good reason"
.....lucky!.....:(

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
you is lucky. I would lve to get mac products for no good reason but unfortunately thats a no for me.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I purchased a 16GB iPhone for no good reason and a Mac Book AIR for no good reason. I'm not filthy rich, but nobody will suffer from any of this, except my retirement fund. I do not plan to retire. I wanted to practice medicine when I was 8 and never changed my mind. It is the only life I've known and cared for. I will retire when my health forces me to. I have good genes. My grandMa died at 97 because she had no access to medical care. I hope I can live almost that
long and be useful to the end. If I go downhill, I pray to human beings to take care of me promptly, even though I'm an atheist. I pray they get an automatic riffle and end it for me. Nobody should suffer a lengthy death unless they really want too. My end should be my choice,

Meanwhile, I want to experience as much as I can. There is no doing it over.
I'm with ya I bought the 16gb iPhone without really having a reason. Still had 5gb left on my 8gb phone. I won't get the Air though. I like my MacBook well enough.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
Everyone has to die one day. Be happy that you will die having owned one of the greatest inventions known to the human evolution. In addition, you should be proud that you have owned 'em right after the release and you have lived to watch the release of the iPhone in 2007. :)

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
wow i think that is such a waste, if you already had an iPhone...
and if youre going to but a macbook air, i think you shouldve went for the pro instead as theyre not tht much more and i really don't think the air is worth that much..

but good luck with that.... ;)

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
I am happy with my MBP's, have 3 now...keep handing down the last generation to my wife and kids, slowly trying to create a Windows-free zone in my home. If I could find some better synching software than Time Machine, I'd likely spring for the Air. But it gets difficult keeping your files synched up between two different PC's all the time.

There is seldom a good reason to buy the next thing, whatever that is. But then if you think about it...what was your "good reason" for buying the previous generation?

I've quit trying to apply reason to my gadget purchases. It's a fruitless endeavor. Instead, I just embrace my inner geek and tell my wife "Hey, at least I'm not a coke addict!"

That worked for everything thus far BUT the Zune. Even she laughs at that thing.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
wow i think that is such a waste, if you already had an iPhone...
and if youre going to but a macbook air, i think you shouldve went for the pro instead as theyre not tht much more and i really don't think the air is worth that much..

but good luck with that.... ;)
well i was within my 14 day return period, so i just took my 8GB back to the AT&T store, 100 bucks more for double the capacity was worth it to me.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Ahh why did you buy a Macbook air. EWW.

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
Awesome! Congratulations! Nice combo... :)

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I am happy with my MBP's, have 3 now...keep handing down the last generation to my wife and kids, slowly trying to create a Windows-free zone in my home. If I could find some better synching software than Time Machine, I'd likely spring for the Air. But it gets difficult keeping your files synched up between two different PC's all the time.

There is seldom a good reason to buy the next thing, whatever that is. But then if you think about it...what was your "good reason" for buying the previous generation?

I've quit trying to apply reason to my gadget purchases. It's a fruitless endeavor. Instead, I just embrace my inner geek and tell my wife "Hey, at least I'm not a coke addict!"

That worked for everything thus far BUT the Zune. Even she laughs at that thing.
I like the Zune 80. As for the first Zune, not so much.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Wow, that was quite a post for only spending a few grand! I'd love to see what we would find out if you were to buy a new Porsche, lol.

Regardless, glad to hear from another atheist. We live on a higher plane :laugh2:

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Wow, that was quite a post for only spending a few grand! I'd love to see what we would find out if you were to buy a new Porsche, lol.

Regardless, glad to hear from another atheist. We live on a higher plane :laugh2:
Maybe if the Porsche was iPhone compatible. ;)

By the way, I'm atheist as well. :laugh2:

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
I like the Zune 80. As for the first Zune, not so much.
Aw man, what'd ya have to go and say that for? Now I "need" a new Zune to replace my first gen one!

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
ahhhh gadget addiction. Gotta love it!
Srsly, off topic for an iPhone forum but....

What do you like about the new Zune versus generation 1? And how well does it handle WMV video files?