Shared Calendars in iCloud?

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by itsabouttime, Oct 13, 2011.

1. itsabouttime

itsabouttime Member
    Silver

My wife and I both have calendars we shared with each other when we had MobileMe. Now that we have migrated to iCloud we can no longer see each other's calendars even though iCloud FAQ said we should as long as we both moved to iCloud. Anyone else have this issue or am I missing a step somewhere?

2. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Are both devices under the same Apple account?

I just set a calendar event on my iPhone and when I went to my iPad it was there.

3. itsabouttime

itsabouttime Member
    Silver

We have different Apple id's but they're both tied to the same credit card. I can re-create the same situation as you, but we still can't see each others calendars.

4. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

If I'm not mistaken, only devices with the same Apple ID can share stuff. So my iPhone, iPad and Macbook as well as my wifes phone (which is not iOS5 yet) will share everything since they are all under the same Apple ID.

Hopefully someone else out there can confirm.

5. JPSwartz1

JPSwartz1 Member
    Bronze

I had the same problem last night. I ended up unsharing the calendars with my wife, all of them, then resharing and it worked. Hope that works for you as well.

don't need to have the same Apple iD

6. itsabouttime

itsabouttime Member
    Silver

Awesome, thanks for the info!

7. itsabouttime

itsabouttime Member
    Silver

Hmmm..still having trouble, can't figure this out. When I go to my iCloud it will allow me to share my calendars with my wife, but when I go to my wife's iCloud it shows that she's sharing her calendars with herself and doesn't give an option to change it like mine does, what gives?

8. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

I added something in my calendar on my 4s this morning around 10am to see if it show up on my iPad 2 it didn't .

Update it showed up now at 8:14pm dam it's slow. Do you have to have wifi on ?