Shared iTunes ID issue baffles me!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ledsteplin, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

My Wife and I have been sharing an iTunes ID for almost a year. We've shared apps and music throughout the past year with no problems. She had downloaded a few of the songs I had purchased and later purchased 2 songs from on her device. So then early today I look at her "About" and see she only has 2 songs listed. Later I download some of the $.69 songs, then go to download them on her phone. I notice all but 2 songs on her list had been deleted. So I start to download the songs. I immediately get a pop up that says:

This Device is Already Associated with an Apple ID.
    You can not auto-download or download past purchases with a different Apple ID for 90 days.

Then there's an option to Cancel or Transfer. I wasn't sure what to do. I chose Transfer and the songs were downloaded.
    What does it mean? So she can't download past purchased songs for 90 days? She won't need to, but what is that about? Anyone else see this?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

OK, so then she buys a new song, and I get this email from Apple. Could this be the result of her having inserted a new SIM card recently? I checked in her iTunes Store, and the correct ID is still there. Anyone with thoughts on this? Here's the email from Apple.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423500185.445526.jpg

3. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

I have no idea! I do know that my wife and I tried to share the same Apple ID and eventually had to give up on it. Constant annoying problems not unlike yours.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

We've had a shared iTunes ID for almost a year. I think her putting in a new SIM card recently may be the problem.

5. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

If that's the only new thing you've done that must be it.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I may shoot iTunes an email and make sure it's squared away.