Sharing apps?

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Ok so whats to stop us from sharing apps.
I mean if i download a paid app i can find it in explorer... now could i copy it and put it on a different pc?
seems feasible...

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Ok so whats to stop us from sharing apps.
I mean if i download a paid app i can find it in explorer... now could i copy it and put it on a different pc?
seems feasible...
Aren't the non-free apps digitally signed to your device? Or maybe linked to your phone's unique IMEA number?

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Aren't the non-free apps digitally signed to your device? Or maybe linked to your phone's unique IMEA number?
not a clue.. this is why i ask? prob the case though

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
It seems to work the same as sharing music--i.e. Whatever computer you authorize (up to 5) can access/sync those files. My husband and I have been sharing all our paid apps without a problem, just by copying them to the other comp's desktop then dragging them into iTunes.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
they only work on 5 computers
just like music downloaded from iTunes

ericgtr

Jul 12, 2008
My wife and I both use the same copy of iTunes for both of our phones. Yesterday I downloaded Texas Holdem and installed it, then I plugged her phone in expecting to buy it for her also but it was already in the app list. So we got two for the price of one, pretty sweet. Great multiplayer game for the LAN btw, best $5 I've spent in a long time.