"sharing" iTunes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MaineWriter

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Hi everyone,

I never had an iPod so I am new to the whole iTunes thing and podcasts. This may be a very basic question but I don't know the answer, so I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

I have an iPhone and iTunes on my computer. My partner does too--different iPhone, different computer. I've downloaded a bunch of podcasts that he is interested in listening to, too. Is there any way he can "share" my iTunes and podcast library, or does he need to download the podcasts onto his computer and sync from there?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

MW

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Hi everyone,

I never had an iPod so I am new to the whole iTunes thing and podcasts. This may be a very basic question but I don't know the answer, so I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

I have an iPhone and iTunes on my computer. My partner does too--different iPhone, different computer. I've downloaded a bunch of podcasts that he is interested in listening to, too. Is there any way he can "share" my iTunes and podcast library, or does he need to download the podcasts onto his computer and sync from there?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

MW

Go to preferences (options in windows?) and click the sharing button and choose what you want to share. Your partner needs to go to the same screen and check 'look for shared libraries'.

As long as you are on the same network he should be able to see the stuff you choose to share. It will only stream the podcast from your computer to his. It does not allow you to copy them.

MaineWriter

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Go to preferences (options in windows?) and click the sharing button and choose what you want to share. Your partner needs to go to the same screen and check 'look for shared libraries'.

As long as you are on the same network he should be able to see the stuff you choose to share. It will only stream the podcast from your computer to his. It does not allow you to copy them.
So we need to network our computers, then, is what you are saying. Hm. We're at home, not work, so we just have wifi, not a network.

MW