Sharp's IGZO Display Demonstration At IFA Shows Excellent Touch Response With Sleeker Bezels [VIDEO]

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

AZIANAPPLE

Bronze
Jun 6, 2012
Yeah I welcome and love the thinner bezel. I honestly think it's very much needed for the new iPhone but I don't think the first batch of shipments of the new iPhone will have the new Sharp IGZO display. Sharp apparently are having a difficult time producing the numbers that Apple wants to produce because of numerous issues such as supply constraints and materials that Sharp needs to produce their new displays.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I'd like to see whether it has a better response time. The one thing that bugs me most about the LCD they use now is the slow response time. Like when scrolling through a long list with black on white text, you can see some ghosting, or in landscape, you can see one edge of the screen scrolling faster than the other so it looks slanted. Other than that, it's a beautiful screen

AZIANAPPLE

Bronze
Jun 6, 2012
I think Sharps IGZO Display at IFA Berlin in the video on the iPhonecanada website looks fantastic. It looked like there was more precision to the touch factor, less battery consumption but yields more power for the display. I can't wait to see it on the upcoming iPhone.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Are we sure that the new iPhone 5 4G LTE 6th generation is going to have the IGZO display? They say they're ready for full production, but production would have to have already started a while ago in order to make enough. Plus, they didn't show it in the 4" size...unless they're being quiet about the possibility of the screen being in the iPhone on purpose

AZIANAPPLE

Bronze
Jun 6, 2012
No, I doubt that the new iPhone 5 4G LTE 6th generation is going to have the IGZO display. It's too early for Sharp to mass produce millions of IGZO displays for the new iPhone before Apple announces it to the world. Possibly, maybe the second batch Apple releases after the initial launch but that's also difficult to tell since we all know how Apple LOVES to be the first to trend "new technology" before anybody else. ROFL

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Possibly, maybe the second batch Apple releases after the initial launch
There is a little bit of precedent for that, as they started using other displays later in the original iPhone. They were still the same basic technology, though. I don't know if they'd make a running change from LTPS to IGZO in the iPhone 5 4G LTE 6th generation. Doesn't seem like it'd be a drop-in replacement (considering the different bezel size).