Shazam integration

azfalcon

Bronze
Sep 14, 2014
I didn't see the keynote on the new phones or ios but I read about the integration of shazam and being able to recognize a song without opening any app? Is that true? If so how is this done..automatically in the notifications or?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I didn't see the keynote on the new phones or ios but I read about the integration of shazam and being able to recognize a song without opening any app? Is that true? If so how is this done..automatically in the notifications or?
It's implemented through Siri.

New Siri features Hey, Siri streaming voice recognition and song recognition using Shazam. You can purchase iTunes content and more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If your phone is connected to a power source, you can simply say "Hey, Siri. What song is this?" You do not have to press the home button. Siri is voice-activated and will tag the song and provide the details and an iTunes link on the lock screen.

If your phone is not connected to a power source, you will have to press the home button to activate Siri and then ask what the song is.