Shieldzone for iPhone Application

katsnd4spd

Jul 1, 2007
I received my shieldzone for the iPhone today. I am still working on applying it. It does take a lot more time to get the back portion which is curved on. I am disappointed that it doesn't cover the shiny metal portion around the screen. However, IF I can get it on, I think I will like it. I am hoping the "solution" is just water, because so far, it is taking more than the two bottles they included. I will give an update once it is on for good.

Update: Well it has taken an hour, but I think I have it fitting down on all four corners. It was HARD. However, if you are patient, then it will pay off. However, wait until it is dry before you put the corner dots on, or you will mess up the corners once you wet them again. I do think they should have covered the rim, but overall, I am pleased with this cover. It does still fit in the dock too!

ugotpwned5

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
thanks for the review man! i plan on purchasing it. I am a little disappointed to about it not covering the metal rim....hmmm well i guess im gonna order@! :)

katsnd4spd

Jul 1, 2007
I was a bit disappointed about the rim not being protected, but it looks good so far. I am still trying to get one corner to lay down. Make sure you get all the corners down and let them dry before putting on the corner dots!

sacsig

Jul 7, 2007
I am thinking about getting this as well.....how is the clarity and if you were to remove it does it leave any sort of sticky residue or is it like new?
Thanks!

katsnd4spd

Jul 1, 2007
I am thinking about getting this as well.....how is the clarity and if you were to remove it does it leave any sort of sticky residue or is it like new?
Thanks!
The clarity is great. I have no idea about the removal from the full device, but I did have to keep reworking the corners and it appears no residue is left on the device. However, I don't know what it would do after the removal. Maybe someone who has had them for other devices will jump in. It did take forever to get on properly, so if you aren't patient, this case is not for you! :)

sickmunkeyz

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
You should get the one from best skins ever. No need for spray bottle. plain old water and some on tips of finger to do edges when it starts to dry. I had bse skins on all my bb's and now the iPhone.

Sithinious

Jul 3, 2007
I just wrote a review of this in the reviews section. I hope it gets put up there. My biggest piece of advice is to make sure you manually remove the tiny pre-cut piece of film from the front BEFORE you apply the film to the iPhone. I did not and so had to peel back the film after it was applied to remove the bit that completely covered the earpiece. It would have been nice if the instructions had mentioned this...

katsnd4spd

Jul 1, 2007
Does it cover the shiny metal rim around the face? If not, there's no need to change. I also have a feeling that the "solution" with shieldzone is water. I rant out and used it and it worked just fine.