Shift + Check for Update

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
Hi,

I would like to update my phone to 1.1.2 but the problem is that my work computer doesn't allow me to access the internet from iTunes ... so the check for update button doesn't work ..

I can however shift and click the update button to choose the file that i want ... i don't want to restore my phone because it takes forever for it to sync again ... can somebody please post the update file? .. is this even possible?

Thanks for you help

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Hi,

I would like to update my phone to 1.1.2 but the problem is that my work computer doesn't allow me to access the internet from iTunes ... so the check for update button doesn't work ..

I can however shift and click the update button to choose the file that i want ... i don't want to restore my phone because it takes forever for it to sync again ... can somebody please post the update file? .. is this even possible?

Thanks for you help
why doesn't your pc let you go online from iTunes? Because of your antivirus? If so, just deactivate in just the time for you to update! that's it

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
why doesn't your pc let you go online from iTunes? Because of your antivirus? If so, just deactivate in just the time for you to update! that's it
I'm the last person to ask what kind of security is in place on this computer .. haha ... but im at work currently and it must be some type of firewall or something ... i work for a big company and they must have some stuff that they don't want me to touch in place ... thanks anyway

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I'm the last person to ask what kind of security is in place on this computer .. haha ... but im at work currently and it must be some type of firewall or something ... i work for a big company and they must have some stuff that they don't want me to touch in place ... thanks anyway
I don't think you should update from work anyway. I mean, not that I care what you do during working hours (I am working right now thus being paid, and I am replying to your thread...) but you should do this from your home computer so if something happen, you will have everything handy. Just my point of view. I never update my iPhone or ipod from work.